My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Thursday, October 20, 2005

P.G.G.H

Okay so it's not exactly THE place to be but it comes second to home. It's the Palm Grove Girls Hostel and run by the army for all us army brats. It's a huge bungalow, and ten of us are staying together. There is Kavita alias spaced cow my roommate; she is called that because she is usually spaced out and a real mad cow...so 'spaced cow'. Then we have Nandhini (nans), Prerna (ncc), Shirin, Priya (chotu), Shalini (mad woman), Cynthia, Subha and Sujitha(piggy).
You see all those names in the brackets? Well those are their pet names, courtesy moi.
They all are a fun bunch to be with. Once all of us get back from work or college or wherever; we all gang up in the living room and watch TV. The clock strikes nine and there is a race between spaced cow and Subha to get the best seat in front of the TV. It's a contest between those two; they just have to get that comfortable corner on the couch. It's fun to watch those two make a dash for it. During this time most of us are in the dinning room finishing up dinner. Those two just gulp their food down and run. What are they going to see? This really stupid soap called 'Woh rehnai wali mehlon ki', which is followed with another stupid soap called 'Hare kanch ki choodiyan'.
Once those two settle down we join them, to watch the soaps. Yes they are horrible, but we keep up a running commentary and its real fun. We come up with funny lines, which really clash with the expressions on screen. hee hee.
That's not all, the commentary goes to talking about their acting skills, the characters, their make up, their clothes.......it's pure fun. By the end of it most of us are rolling on the floor.
Clock strikes ten and we are done with TV, then it's back into the rooms. Sometimes we go out for walks around the hostel, thankfully we have a huge garden. Otherwise we don't really have anything to do we gang up in a room to talk. Or it's sitting and reading or helping someone study, playing pranks or taking care of chotu (she falls sick quite often).
We have water fights, or most of us stand around corners to spook some one. Considering it is a very old bungalow it's quite spooky to walk alone in the night. Suddenly out of the blue you will hear a scream and you know some one has been had. :)
Saturdays is all about sitting up and talking about ghosts and scary movies. I go mad with scary movies, I usually sit with eyes scrunched shut during the movie, but I still like to go. I remember seeing 'The Ring' I was sleeping with the lights on for a month and my Bible close beside me. And it's quite easy to scare me; doesn't take much, which amuses my hostel mates a lot.
Recently some of us went for the movie 'Grudge', I was bullied into it because this time I had made up my mind not to see this movie. So we saw the movie, these guys didn't let me cover my eyes....I really have a bad bunch of hostel mates (monsters). But I love them.
The movie was horrible quite a waste of money but it scared the hell out of me, and I slept with all the lights switched on. I made sure my roommate slept after I went off to sleep. It makes you feel that some one is there to watch over you. Mean of me but she sleeps late anyways. :)
When it comes to birthdays we have midnight feasts. We get a huge birthday cake for the birthday girl and at midnight we wake her up and surprise her with the cake. Eating chocolate cake around midnight with all of us whispering (don't want to wake the warden) is pure bliss. The cake part is not a surprise anymore considering we do it for every birthday, but its fun. Then next day we all go out for a big birthday bash.
For now, exams are closing in, so we are waiting till they get over and then go out and party!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home