My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rainy Days

I still haven't figured out why I like rain only on holidays...
I mean I love rain; I like playing in the rain getting wet and all that. But ask me to enjoy it when I have to go to work? Eeeek! It's still the same old me and still the same old rain.
Something very funny happened yesterday a friend/colleague of mine (VEE) wanted to go out to have lunch, so I went along to give her company. When we got out, we saw that the road was filled with water and I had serious issues about wading through. But we did manage not to get ourselves wet by clinging on to the edges of the walls. Aahh success! atleast that's what I thought; but oh no fate was not so kind. I had to get my feet wet as the next street was filled with water too.


Well both of us managed to get across and got the lunch. All done! Now we had to come back the same way, we did have to wade through again. Here is the best part- I slipped on some mud, for a second I thought I would go face first in the muck; thankfully I regained my balance...phew!
Oh yeah, Vee was quite amused she was laughing all right....hmmphh. She was carrying a bottle of water, so I asked her if I could wash my feet. Guess what? She thought I was talking about the puddle and said ' yeah... go ahead'. When she saw me using the bottle, she was like..' ohhh, you meant the bottle...'. I was amazed ...I mean why would I wash my feet in the puddle and would I be asking permission... when I said this she started laughing again. Yep, that's me the clown!
All I have to say is that I love rain only on holidays!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I love the rain too Zee! But only when I'm at home with a cuppa hot chocolate or coffee cuddled in a blanket, watching through the window as rain falls on green trees, washed tiles, and dry leaves.

9:59 AM  
Blogger AquaM said...

Coming from Vrinda, I'm not the least bit surprised!!!

Three good reasons for enjoying the rains during the holiday season:

It's pure unadulaterated fun. The holiday season adds to the festivity.

You can get home with all that muck and it does not matter.

You can cuddle up under the sheets and enjoy a cup of steaming hot degree coffee and deep fried samosas.

AquaM

9:59 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Hey,
I like rains only when I don't have to get out of home. You eat bhajjis and sip tea. But when you have to go out to work, eeeeks!! You get drenched, your clothes get mud spattered, your auto decides to breakdown and you are late. Too much yaar!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Accidental fame junkie
Hey Moush,
All I have to say is....SIGHHHH!!!!

AquaM
Hey Sowms,
I was surprised. I agree with all the rest...but I can't eat samosas (calories) :(

10:06 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Hey Rita,
You are right....why is it that only on rainy days these auto drives have to charge you extra? Why do they drive fast on rainy days, making sure you get splattered by all that muck? And yes their auto's break down...ask me I know. Offices should declare rainy days as holidays.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home