My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Feast Time

Since yesterday was a holiday, I decided to go to my aunt’s place. Mom had also come visiting. I had aloo parathas for breakfast and I was quite full. Reached home, and my aunt promptly came and gave me this huge slice of chocolate truffle cake. Yummy!

Well I had two slices since my aunt and mom think I need to fatten up (holiday season who am I to complain);). We were watching TV and yapping, when my aunt brings in bundi ke laddoo. The sweets I really love are- bundi ke laddoo, jelabi and gulab jamun.

So naturally I had the laddoos. Then we had a nice heavy lunch and I had bhindi (I love bhindi). As I was leaving my aunt packed me some chocolate truffle, laddoos, plum cake and rice halwa. Got strict orders to eat properly from mom and aunt both.

I reached hostel and Suji (piggy) had already arrived after visiting her brother. We started yapping had a little bit of cake and laddoo. Since the cook was on leave we were wondering what would be for dinner. When she suddenly said 'I feel like having a pizza'. So I promptly called up my friend and asked him to get us a pizza. He got us a family size chicken teekha pizza. Wow!

Nans came to hostel around eight and she had got home cooked food- pulao and vegetable korma along with sweets. So the pizza was put on hold. We had dinner and finished it off with butterscotch cake (warden's birthday). Sinful huh? We all ganged up in my room, Shirin had come by then. It was Nans, Suji, Shirin and I and the pizza. We had pizza after an hour, it was cold (who cares) and had chocolate truffle after that. SIGH!! Holiday season perfect time for a feast. The sweets are still left though :) and so is the plum cake. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Geeee :D. That is a feast. You like bhindis? The hostel variety as well? ;)

12:18 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Heyyyy Zee! That was yummy boondi-ke laddoo....I hadn't finished reading the post that boondi-ke laddoo appeared!! Thank you so much!!! Is this AquaM's influence or what? Everyone (including me) is writing about foood!!!! Good post, Zee!

12:21 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
No way I like the ones that are made at home. Hostel variety is more of oil than bhindi. Don't you see complaining when I get hostel bhindi for lunch??

12:22 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Accidental fame junkie,
No biggie. After all its from one boondi laddoo fan to the other. ;)
I guess the season is like that lots of sweets and lots of khana.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Hey Zee, ....I like that "one boondi laddoo fan to the other."...So true!!!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home