My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Thursday, November 03, 2005

These Auto Walas


Since it rained in Chennai, the auto drivers are having a ball. They have been doubling up their prices and actually take it as an insult if you quote the right price. If you haggle with them rest assured they would complain through out the journey or drop you before your stop. It’s maddening!

Some of them try to have a P.C with you and no matter what (glares, stone faced, look like the lorry ran over you) they still keep looking at you through their rear view mirror. It gets really scary when they take you through lanes saying it’s a short cut but it ends up being longer. When things like this happen I make sure I call up some one who can reach me at any given time tell them where I am, by reading the address on the shop boards. I have learnt not to show that I don’t know the area that he is taking me into, or that I am getting scared when they are rash driving.
Traveling in an auto in Chennai is not that easy, especially late evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Autos are the scourge of the earth...If there was a way in which we could vaporize the auto guys and take the autos ourselves, I am all for it! :) And the TN government should stp using autos as an excuse to rehabilitate hardened criminals!

5:13 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

When did the TN govt. do anything that would benefit the public?
I didn't know about the criminals part though for a long time.
Scary!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Sorry about that! Didn't mean to scare ya! Take care! And dont take any autos driven by men in handlebar moustaches!! Just kidding! He he

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home