My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Friday, November 04, 2005

Birthday Gifts

I am sure everyone agrees with me when I say it’s difficult to pick up gifts. No matter how close you are to that person, you just don’t know what to pick. You know their likes and dislikes but when you are out there to purchase a gift...oh boy, it's mind-boggling.
I just can't make up my mind sometimes; I will finally get down to three or four choices and that’s when it gets difficult.


Perfect example was when I went shopping for Rita's birthday gift. I knew I was buying her a kurta; I spent an hour looking at the Kurtas and couldn't make up my mind for nuts. Finally, I got down to selecting it and THANK GOD she liked it!Now it’s Vee’s birthday on Monday and I know what to get her but I know I will be spending a long time shopping. Why can't it be made easier?

Solution: Best is to take the birthday baby along with you and get them what they like, right then and there. Problem solved! I know it kills the surprise, but they are gonna see it anyways. Birthday gifts = hours of pondering and shopping!

But sometimes when you get them the right gift its nice to see the smile bloom on their faces. Makes you feel all happy inside!


6 Comments:

Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

i will tell you the solution...at least as far as your friend Vee is concerned. dont bother with her b'day gift, she values other things, for example...she's a firm believer in "its the thought that counts"...happy forwarding :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

How about this??
"Stop giving solutions for your own birthday gift for starters?"
And yes the thought does matter so does the giving part, and I like to give.
Come monday, you will be getting your gift and no arguments please!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

pah! bossy woman you be!vurry bad!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Hi Zee! It is so true! Picking up birthday gifts is a tough job!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Helooooo,
I loooved the kurta. Thanks :D

5:39 PM  
Blogger rokea said...

I saw the website really informative..





Birthday Gifts to Chennai

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home