My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Cockroach Episode

I for one cannot stand bugs and roaches are my worst nightmare come alive. All my friends know I am simply petrified when it comes to these bugs. I can handle lizards, mice, and rats anything not this creepy brown antenna showing bug. *Shudder*.

Let it be of any size, you will see me running out screaming or jumping on the bed till some one kills it. I cant look at a dead roach; always get the feeling it will be alive. Worst are the ones that fly. This is actually too funny but that time it was way to scary.

We had finished dinner and all of us were in the dining room talking about haunted places and stuff when a flying roach came in, I was the first one to see it so I ran out screaming. The rest of them thought I had seen some ghost and followed screaming. Complete mayhem; the warden came running she thought some one had got hurt. Finally when they asked me what I had seen I told them it was a flying roach I got thumped with pillows.

This happened yesterday. Yesterday was oil massage for the hair, so my roomie and I were sitting with oil in our hair. Finally around eleven in the night I went for my bath. I was in the process of rinsing out the suds outta my hair when I see this huge roach sitting on one of the doors (two doors for the shower) it’s antenna going up and down.

I dragged my clothes on, suds and all went out screaming (as usual) got my roomie to kill and get it outta my sight. Finally I got to finish my bath. But kept looking all over the place for some brown antenna-twitching monster throughout.

13 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Ewwwwwwww....cockroaches!!
You scared? That makes two of us buddy! :D

3:05 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
You too? Awww. Thank god I was thinking I was the odd one out. Most of the people I know are scared of lizards or somethin else.
yay!:D

4:00 PM  
Blogger Zette Remi said...

Oh...its just roaches! *eyes rolling* I have cut open many of these guys in my school days to study their nervous system...there while blood oozing out. Hehehe... Did I manage to freak you out? Sorry...but rarely do I get this chance of freaking people out...I am pretty sane otherwise :-)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I was in the process of rinsing out the suds outta my hair when I see this huge roach sitting on one of the doors (two doors for the shower) it’s antenna going up and down.

I read somewhere....cockroaches enjoy watching people taking shower. So next time you enter the bath tub, pls see around for "hidden" antennaes

;)

4:42 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

...
Thanks a bunch!
My sister used to freak me out with stories about it. All I can say is you have succeeded.

arzOOOn,
"ockroaches enjoy watching people taking shower. "
Ha ha ...very funny indeed!
:P

5:51 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

When I hear such things from my friends, I'm forced to think that there is an extra amino acid in the XX Chrosome that makes girls allergic to bugs :)

5:20 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
Well it still doesn't change the fact that bugs are squishy and yucky and scary.I really dont mind mice, lizards, snakes, rats and the like. But bugs? YUCK!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mrudula said...

That happens to me with lizards.

11:51 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Mru,
You can't take lizards? You want me to shoo any lemme know. ;)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Cockroaches are not that bad. Some quiz-related information: they have been around for millions of years in THAT form. And we are not even forcing it to evolve! I can hit roaches with rolled up newspaper (not today's as Dad reminds me) but yeah the flying variety is scarrrrrrrrryyy!!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Narsimha said...

whats with women n roaches..
my moms the same, everytime she sees a roach in the kitchen she screams so loudly that we used to run to her thinkin she's burnt herself or something..
now a days we don bother even gettin up

5:04 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Sonu,
I dont think all women are scared of them.
Well I usually run out screaming, but I dont enter the place unless I know for a fact that the roach is dead. I sympathise totally with ur mom.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home