My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Friday, November 11, 2005

Strangers-a-calling

They are sure to get on your nerves if they keep calling up again and again and again. And it just does not seem to penetrate their stupid skull that you are not interested in talking to them. The next line will be 'oh then lets get to know each other and then we wont be strangers (eye roll). I don’t think you are speaking Latin when you say not interested please don’t call up again.

But sometimes no matter how rude you are they just don’t get the message. Those calls tend to freak you out after a point, you don’t pick them up thinking, ignore it; it will go away (the ostrich policy).

This happened like a week back or so.... I got a message some person asking how am I doing and he knew my name to boot. First thought was that it was one of friends playing a prank, but when this person called I didn’t recognise the voice. (Could be friend’s friend rite?).
I asked him his name; he refused to say it, so I disconnected the call.

He kept calling after a point I would pick up the call and cut it. He gave up calling but the messages didn’t stop. By then I had checked with all my pals, they didn’t know who it was. Now I was really angry. This person just didn’t know the meaning of no. Kept crapping about heard a lot about you and blah. Duhh!

Since he didn’t seem to be getting the message I had to tell one of my friends to call and warn this guy off. My friend did that and I got a message from the jackass saying that he really didn’t want to disturb and trouble me and blah blah.
Disturb????? Now he gets the idea, after some guy told him to buzz off?

If you get the message that some one does not want to talk to you I think you should respect that. I don’t think anyone would like some nameless calling up and telling them I know all about you, heard a lot about you and can we be friends? Psycho comes to mind.
Why call up some one and freak them out? If you are that desperate to have friends go out and socialize.

9 Comments:

Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

oh yeah1 i've got that "oh wrong number? it's ok..we can get to know each other better." :-S totally annoying!

11:02 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

:)
I wonder if they think people will actually be interested. sheeesh!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Mrudula said...

I think they conform to the stereotype, 'when women say no they mean yes'. Morons.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Hii Zee, I know exactly what you mean!!! I was harassed by some people who kept on messaging me during the day and called at night. It was a nightmare! I'm a little hesitant to go to the cops because cops have been known to be exploitative as well.

11:38 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Accidental fame junkie,
Not if you go to a lady cop. My friend lodged a complaint. they were actually quite sweet and were happy that people are coming forward to do so.
So next time some one bugs ya take it up, its a violation.

Mru,
Hmmm. Morons indeed.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Hee hee!
There was this guy who used to call ad bother me. He said his name was Ali. I had half a mind to tell him my name was Kali. :P

3:48 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
Lol! You should have.
A guy kept calling my friend saying his name was Adam. Finally she told him she wasn't Eve so he better look elsewhere and surprisingly he stopped calling.:)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hey gals, ensure that the person who is calling you is not your friend who is playin pranks with you before filing an "eve teasing" case :)
I had a very good friend at college who played with me by sending emails from a false name. It went on for a while till she noticed that I was getting interested in the "email" girl. Then she disclosed her identity :(
Then, i decided to make things even. So, after knowing that she was not in her room, I would call her hostel number stating a false name and used to give her "head aches" :)
Now both of us are even and till date we refer ourselves with those "fake" names :) !!
Just for fun between friends !

11:03 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Naveen,
Will keep that in mind. Don't want to land my pals in trouble.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home