My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Why the Double Standards?

I would like to know why we have double standards when it comes to men and women.
Picture this-a couple in love, have very good relationship and are very happy together. The man tends to look at pretty women and even commence in harmless flirting; but he is still loyal to his ladylove and loves no other. His reason being boys will be boys it's human nature to admire all the good things in life. Women should understand that and blah blah. And harmless flirting never hurt anybody. Right?

But if the ladylove does the same thing, macho man is all hurt and insecure. Why? According to macho man ladylove can look but should not flirt. Again I ask myself why the double standards??

I guess it’s different from individual to individual. Maybe there are men out there who do not feel insecure about their ladylove flirting. If you are true in your relationship you have no reason to be jealous or insecure.

10 Comments:

Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Yupp, I agree some men can't take it some men can. Double standards exist not just here but in so many other places as well. Like staying out late at night. According to well-meaning parents, girls cannot stay out late (and definetly not over night) while boys can. *Sigh*

11:27 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Accidental fame junkie,
Even though mom and dad are quite cool about me staying over and going out, they still get woried if I am a lil late.
That does not happen to my cousin brothers, they just give a vague answer when they are going out and that is okay.
I can understand the parents scenario but not the double standards in relationships.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Ohhhh! There are double standards everywhere, in every relationship. I agree completely with you.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I'll get J and feel insecure if ma lady love flirts around with men...forget flirt, I even go J with the thought of she talking to some guys.

And if I do the same with chickz, I know my feelings for ma ladylove is not gonna change....so its no harm

Damn...this is sick mentality...I know


Men will be men from MARS...stupid creatures :)

12:57 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
But your ladylove is not gonna fall outta love with u just by talking to some of her guy friends,right?

Well I can't help but agree with your last statement. ;)

I must say you people are quite confusing as well.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Mrudula said...

I think it boils down to trust, which is on the verge of extinction.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

It has all begun aeons ago, when women were suppressed from voicing their thoughts and feelings. But now as things are getting better ,women are enjoying a better position in the society. So, now when they express these kinda stuff, men are not magnanimous enough to take them lightly. What to do? Its all upto the people in relationships to speak openly among themselves and make things straight!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

"But if the ladylove does the same thing, macho man is all hurt and insecure. "

lol! but yeah its true only...so true!

10:59 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

All i can do is grin.
Guess most of us have gone through that. :D

11:17 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Naveen,
True. Guess you need to talk it out. But people should be open enough to listen, right. If they are set in their ways no amount of serious talk, yelling, batting your eyelashes etc. is gonna work.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home