My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wedding Bells and Sightseeing

Went out for lunch with my college pals yesterday. It was a long time since we had met and it was nice catching up. One of my friends is getting married, so it was also a round up for distributing invitations etc. Plans to go for the wedding and blah blah. This naturally triggered the talk about the rest of us. Naturally the one who is getting married is all very happy and excited.
But somehow she got this stuck in her head that the rest of us need to get hitched too. She wanted to spread the happiness or so she wanted us to believe. Scary!!

She has plans of introducing her fiancé’s friends to us.... the ideas this woman gets. After much threatening that if she played cupid none of us would show up, she finally quit harassing us about marriage.
Then she went on and on about how her fiancé is like this and that (eye roll). Couldn’t help grinning though, she was positively glowing with happiness.

The wedding is in Dec and we are all dying to go. At least this way I will get to see Kerala. Sightseeing with old friends and a wedding…nice. :)

11 Comments:

Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

hmm..."But somehow she got this stuck in her head that the rest of us need to get hitched too."
Whats scarier, is when parents hear of your friends getting married and think that thats what you should also be doing!!
*shudder shudder*
But just-about-to-get-married friends can be very cute when they coo on about their fiances. :)

10:13 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Tell me about it. As soon as they hear your pal is getting married, they start off...

Yep You should the smile that comes when you are talking about 'him'. :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Heyy Zee, what is far more scary about weddings than friends talking it is going to weddings where people think it's a sin to be unmarried. Classic things that they say to me or any intended victim:

(1) It is about time that you think about marriage.
(2) When is your turn?
(3) (This is courtesy my mom) I will never have this arrangement for my daughter's wedding. We will take a smaller more intimate space.
(4) (From the kids) Didi! When will you get married?
(5) (From old aunts and grandmoms after they have spotted me, obviously bride hunting) How old is she?
(6) (From people I haven't seen since the last wedding, obviously bride hunting) What do you do?
(7) (From old aunts and grandmoms after they have spotted me, obviously bride hunting)Tell me something. Who was that girl in a pink saree you were talking to?
(8) (From guys interested in me)Nice couple! (Meaning the ones who got hitched)

I could go on! I love weddings. But of late I have begin to shun them.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Mrudula said...

The skill lies in artfully deflecting such conversations. But with some people only brute force works.

12:44 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Hey AFM,
All you said is so true. I was actually hiding during my cousins wedding. I have had it with- meet this one that one, cheeks being pulled, comments...' oh she has grown so much... 'how old are you child?.... 'now that you are working you should think about settling down....
grrrrr!

Mru,
True.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

I go with what AFJ says. At wedding, people always try to find a guy for you. Why can't they leave you alone?

2:40 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
Coz thats what marriages are all about- Gossip and match making.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

You need to attend marraiges for that only...

Guys get time to line maro on few chics

Boy...its been a long time I have not attended any function :(

You going to Kerla...Kewl
Its an awesoem place....Im sure you gonna enjoy ur trip and ofcourse the wedding ;)

Enjoy!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOON,
"Guys get time to line maro on few chics"
Very true. :)
Thanks, hope to enjoy both.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

By what you say, I can deduce that "Marriages are made in Marriages" and not "In Heaven"..

he he :)

btb, I hate attending weddings, just for a simple fact that they are crowded with a lot of unknown people:)

10:38 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
Unknown people? The three fourth of the crowd are people you have never met but they know ur mom ur dad and ur whole khandhan. Scary!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home