My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Pair of Heels

I remember when I got my hands on my first pair of stiletto heels and I was jumping with the excitement to try them on. Mom was quite skeptical about them.

Mom: you are going to fall flat on your face with those. Besides heels are not good for your back.

Me: mom let me just try them on and I won’t wear them for long.

I was buying them for my sisters wedding. Naturally mom didn’t believe me, considering that I will be tottering in them throughout the day. As usual my sis came to my rescue and let me buy them. Yippee.

Now came the part of balancing and walking with grace. Its different when you are in the shop you are fine then, coz you are too happy to notice anything. But thinking about wearing them for the whole evening? Hmmm even I had doubts about that.

But surprise surprise, I wore them throughout and took them off only around 5 in the morning. I walked, hopped, ran and even danced in them. Since then I have been hooked on to heels. So far I have three blacks, one beige & one bronze.
This December I am going to add on one more to my collection. I also have a collection of ‘sensible’ footwear, but wearing these heels makes you feel something else. : )
(P.S. It actually does not hurt, once you get used to it)

14 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

"I wore them throughout and took them off only around 5 in the morning. I walked, hopped, ran and even danced in them." - That is an achievement, lady!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

"P.S. It actually does not hurt, once you get used to it."
yes, thats what. the "once you get used to it" part would be most relevant.

10:50 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
Thank you ;)

nothings aplenty,
Well the end result is what we should worry about.:P hee hee

11:12 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Zee, I used to wear nothing but heels for a long time. And then something happened, on my own - no one told me to change - I decided that platforms were what I was going to wear day in and day out. But it's sure feels good to wear those heels and look at the world from a "higher" perspective!

11:14 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFM,
Yep it sure feels good!:D

11:19 AM  
Blogger Mrudula said...

Don't want to spoil it for you, but it will murder your back.

11:20 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Mru,
That what mom said mru and it is true.I wear it only for parties and special occassions.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I like gals that wear high heel sandals..

*sigh*

I seldom get to see such chicks here in India...damn everyone wears those cheap sandals...grrrr

And yes, I can imagine how difficult it is to walk with one of those...but you were able to without falling flat on ur face..

Wooo..Hooo!!

Way to go lady!!

1:57 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Thanks :D
The secret of walking in them? Practise and dont be conscious of them, the more you think about them the chances of you falling will increase.

I think women in India do wear them. Atleast I have seen other women wearing such stuff.Well Indian roads are not exactly made for such shoes you know. :P

3:27 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

I like high heels worn with sarees :) But I dont think the number of gals interested in wearing a saree is even close to the ones interested in just wearing high heels!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Narsimha said...

yeah enjoy it while it lasts, once back ache's start no turnin back..
tell the same thing to my gf but never listens..
"sigh" girls....

11:06 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
I think there are women who love to wear sarees and high hells. You would be surprised to know the number. And sarees always look great with heels. :)

sonu,
Its not like we are wearing them 24/7 rite?
Well it actually doesn’t hurt, if worn for short intervals. You wear them day in and day out then you have a problem.

9:57 AM  
Blogger AquaM said...

sure, ur heels may not hurt. But your back surely will missy!

AquaM

2:47 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
Ok ok I got it. I dont wear them that often, only for special ocassions.:)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home