My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Socks Story!

I was reading a post on socks, which inspired me to write about them. I went shoe shopping the day before and got a great pair of sneakers (thanks Dad!). So naturally I wanted to get some socks to go with them. New shoes new socks that kind of funda works with me.

I remember the socks I wore when I was a kid. Lace edged ones that my mother would lovingly buy. Some would be dressed up with bows; some with small roses or even the colours would be different.

Then of course we had the boring white ones for school. The length kept diminishing (of course) by the time we reached class twelve. So wearing ankle length socks became the fad. No matter how cold it will be ankle length would work just fine for us girls. :)
Oh, we did have dark green socks for our winter uniforms in Delhi. It kinda complimented the uniform even though it was a yucky dark green.

The best thing about buying socks nowadays is that it comes in different colours and designs. You have striped ones, ten different colours in one pair; designs like ponies, hearts, butterflies and what not.

So I bought two pairs -one in deep purple and white with hearts and the other in deep magenta with green and white stripes…shocking, I know but I couldn’t resist them.

Wearing plain whites or even blacks & blues is sooo boring. The different colours actually remind you of a candy shop. Well they actually perk up my mood.

I don’t think they would look nice on men- the colourful ones I mean. :P

11 Comments:

Blogger Mrudula said...

I'd like to see the shocking purple ones though ;)

11:46 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Will wear them on one of those innovative staurdays! :P

1:11 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I used to wear black color ones...coz you dont know when they get dirty...unless of course you get weird smell, its the sign to wash em....

:)

Good to know abuot the "socks" day's of your life ;)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Wear your puple socks one day :)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I love striped socks but I havent found a pair that is striped just the way I like it!

2:44 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

yep, i simply love the colours...yep,,go ahead n be outrageous! and men shd too
;)
AquaM

2:46 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,

Ahem! Yuckie!
Yeah since innovative saturdays do seem dull, atleast I have something to feel good about- coloured socks. :D

Rita,
Sure will.:)

AFM,
Try westside you will be surprised.

AquaM,
Men in colourful socks? Indeed ;)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

purple socks for innovative saturdays...wonderful idea, and i shall wear my pink striped ones :D yay!

arz000n: really! yucky!*wags finger* and i shall even say the same at your blog.

5:34 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

nothings aplenty,
yeah! :)
you were the pink ones and I the purple ones, atleast there will be something to jump about. Sighhhh....

6:02 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Purple socks!!



*rolls on the floor laughing*

:)

1:12 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
well they do look cute you know and they are not glaring in ur face kinda socks. :)

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home