My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Friday, December 02, 2005

Advice -from the Temporarily Insane

Hmmm.
Only a few days back I was laughing at my roomies plight, who had to take snaps in sari and salwar. She went grumbling and came back grumbling. Never thought my OWN parents would turn traitors.

I wonder what happened to that pact dad made with me? ”You wont marry some jerk and leave me will you? You can get married by 28.” I was quite happy to say yes.
(I love my dad and my mom and would not leave them for the world. Oh yes I love my dog and my sister too. )
This was when my sister was getting married. My dad actually told her (my sis) that if she has changed her mind he would take her away from the church. No problem. This was at the entrance of the church; they were waiting for their cue to go in. Sweet dad na?

Then came the time when I asked dad if it was okay if I liked someone. Dad was like “of course, I will just break that guys knee caps, it’s not your fault.”
My dad is the best!

Now comes the time of showing snaps. You don’t like the guy, so you say you don’t like the guy. You do not under any circumstances point out his weird physical attributes or the lack of them. Maybe you don’t like the profession he is pursuing, or he is too old blah blah. Then of course you state that you are a little young and need to be more mature to handle marriage. You don’t want to rush into anything and make a mistake and make your parents cry. All this helps.

Always talk in a calm voice do not raise it. The next best thing is scaring the boy, if it extends to meeting the guy. It’s easy. Study him, analyze him, if he likes the bimbo type, dress up in drab clothes, be serious, and don’t laugh at any of his jokes. Be arrogant, ooze out attitude as ‘in your face’. Be very career minded and if you already are, good!

Do not make compromises from the beginning. It’s your life. You cannot start a new chapter with a compromise.
Well if you like the guy and don’t mind getting hitched, that’s a different issue.

Well the weekend is here and it’s back to raining cats and dogs! All you guys have a nice weekend!

7 Comments:

Blogger madhavan said...

I think we have a situation here. Why dont you look at the snap and then vent your fury. For all you know, he could look like Salman Khan, with the height of Amitabh Bachchan, with the energy of Shahrukh Khan and the intelligence, wit, sensitivity, dash, panache, style and humour of Madhavankutty Pillai (that's me)

8:28 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Then came the time when I asked dad if it was okay if I liked someone. Dad was like “of course, I will just break that guys knee caps, it’s not your fault.”
My dad is the best!


You are not trying to scare away guys..Are you ? :) Looks like the guy has to go around in complete armors to save his parts :) Jus kidding!

But, always be open..you never know who is your Mr. Right!!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

“of course, I will just break that guys knee caps, it’s not your fault.”
I liked this...infact, your dad's and my thinking are almost the same....

If I eva have kids, I'll see to it that ma son is screwing around all gals in the neighborhood..and if Im blessed with a cute daughter, I'll see to it that there are no guys in ma neighborhood

:)

you are a little young and need to be more mature to handle marriage.
Its the rescue line for me these days....though no one is forcing me to marry, but I prefer saying, I'm immature..and it works

Do not make compromises from the beginning. It’s your life. You cannot start a new chapter with a compromise.
This is so true Ramblings...

Anyway, Good lucks to you in your adventures out there!!
Have fun :)

11:24 AM  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

Yeah! Your Dad is really likeable! :-)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

I just posted something on this a few minutes back..And then i saw your 'tips'..thanks:)..somehow all parents seem to be bit by this bug right now..

11:09 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

madhavan,
well he may look like whoever but the plain fact is that "I DONT WANT TO GET MARRIED RITE NOW"
God if you are reading this plz help. :(

naveen,
scare them off? Nahh. Well guys are really nervous around my dad. :D

arzOOOn,
Yeah rite. Talk about double standards!
Adventures? Nightmare is more like it!

dan husain,
He is the greatest dad in the whole wide world!

shikha,
True.Hope those tips worked for u.They sure didnt work on my mom. *sigh*

12:11 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

To be honest, arranged marriage is not my cuppa tea. I'm trying to avoid it by saying that I'm not interested in marriage at all. (Which is not true.) This keeps the proposals at bay.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home