My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wolves



I have always loved the way wolves look. I mean there is something about them that catches the eye. The first time I heard a wolf howl was when dad was posted in Assam, and it used to be really loud. It wasn't one but a whole bunch of them (could have been a bunch of feral dogs too). We kids got used to it after a point. We used to actually sit out in the balcony and listen to them.
If in the distance you could see a cloud of dust you know for sure they are out. I have seen some small ones but never seen a huge wolf. Why do I love wolves? No idea, I guess they remind of huge dogs and since I have is half terrier and a mountain dog mix, he is ferocious but a real darling. So thought I would share some pics of these wonderful animals.

12 Comments:

Blogger AquaM said...

They are magnificient creatures...National Geogrpahic, Discovry and Animal Planet have some fantastic footage on thier lives.

AquaM

12:12 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

I've also heard woles howl. Seen them as well!

12:24 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
Yes they do. :)

Rita,
I used to actually like the way they howl infact when I was a kid I used to try and imitate them (used to see them on tv) ;)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

Ummm...is it because they've been mythicized by literature? The werewolf? :-)

Cheers

D

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I love Alsatian breed...and they look a lot like Wolves...which means I labbhh wolves.

Same pinch LEOness!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

dan husain,
Not really, I think its mainly because they remind me so much of dogs. They are quite a misunderstood breed.

arzOOOn,
Yep they sure do, especially the ones which have a darker coat.
Nice logic. :)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Especially the white wolves are very attractive. My neighbour has a dog that looks exactly like a wolf..we call him WiWo (pronounce VeiVow!) which stands for White Wolf :) though his name is something else !

9:40 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
True, white wolves look amazing.I wonder how he reacts with two names. its sure to confuse anyone. My dog when he was a lil pup refused to respond to'snoopy' had to change to 'snowy'. :D
Yep he is arrogant and quite the snob. But he is a sweetheart.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Mrudula said...

We used to have a german shepherd, until he died, at home when I was a child. Dogs are wonderful animals.

3:16 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Mru,
True. :) They are wonderful.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I love wolves! I think there is something spiritual about them.

10:06 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Yep, if I am not wrong it is sacred for the Indians (West).

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home