My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Monday, November 28, 2005

Question

The question is why? Fine we have asked it a million times before and we seem to be asking it over and over again even though we have the answers. Why do I have to back down? Why can't they change? Why do I need to understand? Why do I have to walk away? So many answers so many reasons. But still I have the question… why?

There have been incidents when men(not all) pass comments or try to bump into you or worse. And of course they hang around in big groups so that if they do something you wont know whom to yell at. The saddest part is the security in such places, are they blind? I mean so much is happening around you and they act as if they are part of the pillars they are standing next too.

I don’t see why men have to make women feel degraded. Most of the women I know don’t blame themselves for what happens but then again a minute before you are happy and smiling and the next minute the smile is not on your face anymore. It can just plain ruin your whole happy mood.

The best thing you learn to do is embarrass these men. Corner them in front of people, giving them a piece of your mind. It used to work before. But nowadays yell at them, embarrass them, it just adds on more fuel to the fire I guess. Some of these men actually take it as a come on signal. From which angle I have no idea. The crowd never reacts, so it is pointless to even look at them for assistance.

Why can’t these men just live in their zone and not trouble us? Women don’t go around bumping, passing comments and drooling over men do they?
Even though I seem to have those answers...I still want to know why?

20 Comments:

Blogger NeoBhavin said...

Frankly, there is no solution to it. Till Human race exists these has no asnwer. And these men cannot be changed. Its like "Buffalo ke aage Saxophone Bagana"
So you keep your eyes open and use more of hands

1:10 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I think men [not all] are born with no shame at all...and as they grow in age, they turn shameless exponentially at a very fast rate.

it just adds on more fuel to the fire I guess.
Yup..there is no point in talking back to such species coz they enjoy it more and all the time, take wrong signals..

The only solution I think is to keep a distance....but then, why??

1:38 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Hey, I disagree with the two men who have commented here. Sorry. I do not think that the problem has no solution or the solution is to keep distance. Why should you curb your freedom? Just turn around and give the fellow one tight slap. That's it.
Naani yaad ajayegi.

2:16 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

bunch of losers! kick them in hte shin girl

AquaM

3:06 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

neobhavin,
bhavi... that does not exactly answer my question does it? So we just have to put up with it, is that what you are saying? So fine i am not that aware of my surroundings, but I do give it back but sometimes...Why does does it even have to happen the first place. why cant I walk with that much freedom?

3:07 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
I dont know what to say. So they continue to be shameless and we continue putting up with it?

If you dont give them a piece of your mind, you are sure to explode. a kick and hard nudge in the ribs does wonders too!

keep a distance... we do! They dont keep the distance. so its a cat and mouse game. keep moving while he invades your private space. And yes why!!

3:23 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
I agree with you on that. But sometimes you feel like stomping all over them. Desrructive I know, but cant help it.
Why cant they control themselves?!
Quit drooling!
Quit touching!
Quit leching!
Quit invading my private space!
Quit degrading us!

3:29 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
True, actually done that once. Stepped on toes with heels, *innocent look*- 'did that hurt so sorry'
:D

4:15 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Ahh! That age-old problem of eve teasing/ sexual harrassment. I don't know if we will ever be free of it!

Sorry about deletring comment. Can't stand a spelling mistake.

4:24 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFM,
I sometimes dont get it why do we we term it as eve teasing, its too gentle a term to describe the reality.
And its ok with the deleting part. :)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Well, I can feel a pang of pain when you ask 'why?'. I would rather advice you to stay away from such grown up brats instead of involving in any kind of scrimmage with them.

9:28 PM  
Blogger dreamz_verity said...

Embarrassing a person is the best thing.But if that doesn't work then give them a tight slap as suggested by Rita.

4:25 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
I know what you say is right...but they dont get the message of 'stay away'.
They need to stay away but somehow the more me move away more they follow. So either you stand up and fight or keep running.

dreamz_verity,

True, thats the only two things we got to 'assault' them with. :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hey Ramblings - Sorry to post a comment for your previous post here. I read your comment in the previous post that said "went to Church like a good girl" - suddenly a face of a 12 Yr old kid came to my mind...felt funny and was urged to post this comment here :)

10:41 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
12 yr old? :)
Sometimes I am that.
Well you need to be quiet inside the church and there I was doing just that. Having a talk with God and asking for forgivness for most of my blunders and for not going to church.:)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Mrudula said...

Most men are sleaze balls!!! Also it gives them a sense of power to behave in such an abominable fashion.

12:14 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Mru,
Right! Gives them a high to makes us look small.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Narsimha said...

i guess.. laws of attraction

but again i stress.. not all men are same..
so puhllllz stop generalising

6:47 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

sonu,
I dont think I was. Infact I have mentioned '(not all)'men.
And "laws of attraction" doesnt it work both ways?
What is in play here is not laws of attraction but laws of perversion. Think about it.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home