My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Curls

Well I think that straight hair is plain gorgeous. I mean you style it the way you like it and if you get a haircut…IT SHOWS!

In a family where everyone seems to have beautiful silky straight hair I am the odd one out. I have curls that take a lot of time to be tamed. Everyday I brush my hair till I can make any sense out of it. When they are brushed our or combed out whatever they look fine. Its only when I wash them they get into that curly effect. Grrrrrrrr!


Ma calls them the lion’s mane. I mean come on; God could have blessed me with straight hair too right? But no, that didn’t happen. Why? Coz my mother wanted one of her kids to have curly hair. She loves curly hair; well she shouldn’t have cursed me with it. I keep having these useless arguments with mom about it. Like mom cant I like straighten it puhleeez, its difficult to manage them, can I cut it short then… the list is endless. The option of straightening it is outta the window because she doesn’t want me to spoil the texture nor does she want two look alike sisters. I though mom was being funny my sis and I look the same?

Well the truth was revealed to me, when I got my hair straightened (it goes back to curls once you wash it, sigh). I loved it! I could actually see my hairstyle and it was dead straight. Since it was for my sister’s birthday, we were all bunking at her place. My bro in law stepped into the house, he thought I was my sis then when I started laughing he was dumbstruck. (He was like ‘oh my God you look so like your sis’. Then… ‘What the hell did you do to your curls? They were lovely!’) My sis loved my hair but a change once in a while is good. Needless to say by the time the party got over a lot of people mistook me for my sis.

Most of the people I know like curly hair (because they have straight hair). I am still out to convince mom that straight hair looks better on me but to no avail. If I ever have a child I would never wish for it to have curly hair.Its not I like I hate them, infact I know they look good but still straight hair looks better. : (
Sigh!

16 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Hey gurl, I think curls are great!! when will you stop cribbing about them?
See what happens when you get you hair straightened - identity crisis!! :D

11:26 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I have wavy hair just like my mother but brown eyes unlike my mother who has green eyes and did not wish such a fate upon me! So, I totally empathise with your situation!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Mrudula said...

Remember grass is always greaner across the fence.

12:19 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
True. I knwo I should stop but I can't help it.
True abt the identity thing...but felt real good abt the hair that day. :D

AFJ,
Thanks. Sigh!

Mru,
True but you still wanna go the other side.

12:32 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

Life's Irony eh! We always appreciate the neighbour's cofee much more than our mom's ....
AquaM

2:49 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

While in 10th std, we had this guy who had THICK (read in caps), thick curly hairs and while talking we all used to insert our fingers in his hair and they used to get stuck in there...

Literaly stuck our fingers in his curly hairs...how funny is that??

But yes...Curl hairs look good on some people...infact, more cuter.

So enjoy LEOness!!

3:09 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
Ironice yes. But I like moms coffee better.:P

3:09 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
*ouch* All that yanking,the poor guy.
Well since I have it I might as well enjoy it. A friend of mine actaully wanted a lock of my hair as a keepsake. Supposedly liked my curls. Days llike that make you feel curls are worth it.;)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

what are you talking about?! curls look so good on you! be happy madam...sometimes straight hair can be such a pain..it floops and then there's not a thing you can do about it.

4:51 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

nothings aplenty,
*in cloud nine* oh wowwy!
But straight hair? I cant possibly experiment styles with my hair, wont show anywyas.
I love what you have done to ur hair.(Mommmy!) ;)

4:55 PM  
Blogger NeoBhavin said...

You Loook Drop dead Gorgeous with your Curls... with hair length not too long...
Jus can't take eyes of your hair then..(Droolin) :)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Narsimha said...

how can women spent so much of their money on accessories, i still cant believe it..

my gf just straightened hers for 5 grand or something..
although i was strictly against it.. but hell do they ever listen

6:56 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hey Ramblings - Correct me if Im wrong..Cant you use a gel or somethin and straighten your hair? I always change my hair style like that..but my personal view is that curly hairs look better than straight ones :) I might sound idiotic but I always feel that curly hairs give gals a stricking urban elegance :)..Dont you think so?

12:13 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

neobhavin,
ummm...thanks.

Sonu,
When you like something and you want it, you go ahead and buy it.

Bottom line it makes us happy and feel all nice inside. :)

naveen,
Gel? Nahhh! not really unless you got short hair.And on curly hair? not a chance.
Well like I said most ppl like curls. And you dont have to feel idiotic my sis says the same thing. :D

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

But the gal in the profile pic is not having curly hair....though she is cute one

*wink*

2:29 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
aha! That's the whole point of having that pic. ;)
Actually liked it so I had put it up.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home