My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Friday, December 09, 2005

Brighter Day

Not been feeling too well since Tuesday evening. A little bit of cold and bit of fever. And of course I was feeling very sorry for myself since my mommy was not talking to me since last Saturday. It was more like hello…two sentences and ...bang…that’s mom banging the phone down on me. No prizes for guessing why. So along with feeling sick, there was the self-pity and when you feel sorry for yourself your eyes turn into waterfalls. So then I became more sick, all dejected, depressed and morose till mom realized that I am not well. Oh the joy of listening all the love and affection in her voice (and the guilt). She loves me my mom and I love her too.

I realize she is only looking out for my good but then again it’s my life. So mom and I made a pact ‘no emotional blackmail and I get to decide ultimately’. It’s a relief to get it out of your system and now I am hardly bothered about what’s gonna happen next. The reason being- I have got the best set of parents in the whole wide world and they love me as much as I love them.

I am feeling much better, I guess when your heart is light even sickness cannot hold you down for long. :)

11 Comments:

Blogger San said...

nice post

ah parents are the joy of our lives na ... can't live with them and can't do without thenm :D

Glad ur feeling better, take care

2:12 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

you said u were in assam.. on rita's post.. even I was there for almost 5 yrs...

2:29 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

sangeeta,
Thank you. :)
Yes they are the best.

anthony,
Yes, I have been in Assam for two years or more.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

hey me came here first time..that was a sweet post..sangeeta's abosolutely right. Kids and parents always fight and have arguments, but we can't even imagine being without them..In times of need they're the only people who unselfishly do everything they can for us..they're angels sent by gods to take care of us..and i hope you get well soon!!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Awwwww! C'mon, it was not emotional blackmail, in the first place! :)
Glad you are feeling better. Take care :)

3:27 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

sudarsan,
True,they love unconditionally. Thanks for droppin by. :)

Rita,
It so was but all is okay now so very happy. :D

4:49 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Hey i've blogrolled you..please keep cominmg back and commenting!!
Cheers and keep posting!!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hey ramblings, sometimes parents love us so much, that they get nervous when they think about our future. Its the reason for all what you call 'emotional blackmail' and stuff. But the moment we understand that whatever they are doing is for our good, there would be no room for such misunderstandings :)

btb, take care :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Narsimha said...

hey, read one night @ call centre..
its the book to read for u..
(there's a girl facing almost similar problems like u)

1:25 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

The reason being- I have got the best set of parents in the whole wide world and they love me as much as I love them.
Thats the sweetest thing to say about parents....now without any delay send ur blog link to them :)

Oh the joy of listening all the love and affection
I remember acting like a stupid at times on monday mornigns when I hafta leave for Pune...then suddenly all the while I feel sorry for wht I said/did...and the moment I reach office, I give a call back to hear ma mom talk to me...it makes me feel good!!

when your heart is light even sickness cannot hold you down for long
I enjoy reading posts with happy ending.
Woooo....Hoooo!!

Enjoy the weekend Ramblings!

2:47 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

sudarshan,
Thank you:D.

naveen,
True, I guess most of us go thru this one time or the other. :)

sonu,
Will look into it. Thanks. :)

arzOOOn,
Nahh. Probably show it later on when I go home.
Ahhh, yes the guilt trip of saying things, I do that too.
Happy endings indeed. :P

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home