My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sari and Riding Side Saddle

I completely forgot about this, well it kinda slipped my mind. On Monday we had gone to attend a wedding. And since it was a wedding I decided to go in a sari and since I don’t want to be the only one in a sari I asked ms. nothings aplenty wear a sari. AFJ was also wearing a sari and so I was quite happy for the company. Don’t ask me why, but I don’t like wearing sari if it has to be only me. So ms. nothings aplenty and I went to my hostel to change, now comes the funny part. How to get on a bike wearing a sari- side saddle? Well, I gave her a tough time and finally got on the bike issuing a promise that we don’t stop anywhere in between. Trying to manage your sari while riding …ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it’s a nightmare and also hold on to your balance.

We didn’t know we were in for a bumpy ride I mean really "bumpy". The ride was filled with sound effects from the both of us. Then of course when we were coming back from the marriage hall, we kinda got lost and we found our way out (talk about being lucky). We were of course coated with grime from all over Chennai. My skin felt light after a bath, as if a huge weight had been lifted off (seriously).

The marriage was okay; I wonder how people can take the smoke. I had started sneezing after a point. It was a relief to get out of the sari, finally. Wearing a sari and riding side saddle... its really scary!

11 Comments:

Blogger AquaM said...

Wearing saris and walking in them is an absolute nightmare. I tripped and hurt my knee on two ocassions, since then I have always bin vary of them.

AquaM

2:33 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Heyy, I like wearing saris! But I avoid sitting on bikes after that! For this precise reason!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

I like wearing saris too. But really, the thought of sitting on a bike side saddle, wearing a sari never crossed my mind!! *scary*

4:42 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Hahaha...

Trying to manage your sari while riding …ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it’s a nightmare and also hold on to your balance.
That was funny!!

Boy...I'm stil trying to create that picture of you managing the saree while on a bike...

hmmmm....

4:48 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
Awwww! You poor thing. But I love wearing saris for such occasions.

AFJ,
Smart woman! ;)

Rita,
You bet. I was happy it was nothings aplenty who was riding the bike or else...

arzOOOn,
Its not too difficult imagining it. Just think about a person trying to control the sari and hold on to the bike and keep a track of where the roads are turning. Of course dont forget the expressions and sound effects. :)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

I think twice before sitting on a bike side saddle saree or no saree,especially if its going to be bumpy

5:19 PM  
Blogger San said...

OMG having to wear a saree and be expected to walk about is one thing but to jump on a bike ,.... :o

:) oh well at least you get some fresh air :p

8:24 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

I dont think it is safe to drive a two wheeler wearing a saree..Right? The saree would flow in all directions because of the wind and if you try to manage it, you would loose track of the road..dont you?

9:26 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Shikha,
Well both of us didnt know it will turn out to be a bumpy ride. :(

sangeeta,
yep fresh air indeed and the free mud pack as well.:P

naveen,
Well never really thought about it. Was holding my sari and holding on to the bike with the other hand. Well since my friend was driving the bike and I was managing her 'pallu', it was no biggie. But I am never gonna repeat that.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Of course dont forget the expressions and sound effects.
I was only imagining about the expressions...now that u asked me to add sound effects...it has turned into a comedy show

:)))))

2:39 AM  
Blogger Shell said...

OK, I have to agree as a GoriGirl I have trouble just walking in the sari sometimes, Certainly wouldnt do anything as crazy as ride a bike, but gee it must have been a laugh...

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home