My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sometimes...

I don’t get it. It's supposed to be a holiday today and I don’t have one. We didn’t even get an off for Holi... how weird is that? Nor did we get an off for Pongal. Not like I celebrate half of them festivals but I would like a holiday as much as the other guy who is probably dreaming of sun kissed beaches and snoring to his heart's content… (Well I don’t like people who snore, unless of course you have a cold and cant really help but snore) what I am actually trying to say is that I want a part of the dreamless sleep too! Stupid, stupid place!

How would you describe nice? What is nice or let’s say whom can you call nice? If you are concerned about people around you, does that make you nice or does that make a real nosy person? If you are trying to make people smile and forget their problems, does that make you nice or does that mean you are taking over the person's fight? Does it make you nice if you are trying to help someone who does not want to be helped at all? Or are you forcing your will on them?

Can you sit around people who keep sulking day in and day out? Everyday you have to face that gloom and everyday you try to find out what has gone wrong… I think they like being in that bubble that they have created. They actually want to be sad and... and there is nothing you can do about it. So you leave them to their fate because you don’t really want to help anymore and you are tired of listening to all the lies and woes.

The day you decide you need to walk away… you actually feel light inside… as if a heavy burden has been laid off.

11 Comments:

Blogger bigfatdeal said...

I understand completely.

11:24 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Aha...glad to know that. :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

This is outrageous lol..no holidays for Holi and Gudi Padva..that sucks!!

2:50 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

that's bad ... but even I didn't have an off today ... guess we r not alone ... after all, misery does love company, eh? :)

Anyways, u absolutely did da right thing in walking away from those who enjoy living in that world ... good goin' girl! :)

7:10 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Nor did we get an off for Pongal.
I was lucky in that sense....ma copmany cancelled today's holiday and preponed it for Holi...and as right now Im at ma clients place doing an audit, they are off today...so I got 2 holidays :D

How would you describe nice?.....Can you sit around people who keep sulking day in and day out?
So many questions in one post....nice :)

They actually want to be sad and.
I would just ignore...works at times for me....you do the same...no need to be nice

11:52 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

My offshore team had a holiday yesterday, they are lucky..

This year most of the holidays here fell on weekends..there are only 9 holidays this year :( that sucks!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Zee: What a pensive post! I guess writing can sometimes be theraputic!

10:09 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

suadarshan,
tell me about it...but I took off for Holi anyway.

anup.777,
Looks like it. ;)
I know, cant keep getting myself down in the process... :D

arzOOOn,
Lucky you...u didnt have to rub it in! grrrr :P
I know no need to be nice...hmpfff :D

naveen,
I know exactly what u mean! :(

AFJ,
Yep, I feel much better and lighter. :D

10:45 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

I can understand your problem but I don't think there is much you can do about it! Let things be as they are just relax :)
BTW, did you draw that pic?

3:04 PM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

Lol...i ws sleeping blissfully at my flat yesterday....though without snoring!
Hmmm i can completely identify with tht feeling....trying to be nice with everyone all the time...but sum ppl just can't stop cribbing and turning even u down...guess v just have 2 let them b!

3:43 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
I know... thats why I let it go.
And yes I drew that. you noticed...so sweet. :)

rebel_on_loose,
No snoring? lol...
Just let it be, no need to go messing up your head over it rite? :)

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home