My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Monday, February 20, 2006

Sensibilities!

Everything you say, everything you do… you are trying not to offend someone’s sensibilities! Why? Why can’t I say what I have to say and be done with it? Why do I have to hesitate, mull over my actions and then go forward? Isn’t that rude? Am I not speaking in the general sense…I mean I am not pinpointing anybody am I? Then why do I get a rise from someone who is not even in my hit list? Hmmm?

It’s all about someone’s sensibilities! It’s also about my sensibilities; do I want to say what I want to say? Can I say it? What will they think? Here I was planning to write something “101 suggestions whaaaaat?” based on a article the gang and I came across, in a cosmo issue -“101 *** Tips -Mattress Moves So Good He'll Forget His Name...but Remember Yours Forever”. But then I mulled over it and decided against it. Not everyone will appreciate the humour behind the post since it is after all a sensitive topic for many.

So I did a round about and took on sensibilities. Isn’t that’s what holds most of us back from saying what we really want to say?

13 Comments:

Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

true.. I agree..!!

but i guess we can always be bold about saying and doing things we want the way we want ...

those hold back may feel that they are actually taking care of other's sensibilities..but would n't life be a whole lot better if we led it our way?

PS I have linked you...!

4:59 PM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

Hey u surely hurt my sensibility by not going ahead with that post...lol.
"he'll forget his name and remember yours forever"
Hehe tht wud've been so much more interesting...put it up next!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Vamsee said...

ohhhh so well put and very well handled topic, Nice tinge of humor to wrap it up, together its a good post! Keep up the good work:)

1:09 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Are there really -“101 *** Tips" ?? :)

Hmm..may be I've to read it once you are done with it :)

Who said it is sensitive? It is actually sensuous :) he he :)

2:51 AM  
Blogger Ashish said...

"Everything you say, everything you do...You are trying not to offend someone's sensibilities" - Well to an extent I'm with you on this but personally speaking I FEEL it all depends on the environment(shared) you're at like for eg: an office or some other public place.

But this is a different case , it's your blog , You're platform to vent out , I don't think one should compromise or hold back their views w.r.t other's sensibilities even if it means being construed "rude" according to others.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Isn’t that’s what holds most of us back from saying what we really want to say?
Yes...very true...Im with you on this...I mean I totally agree with wht you planning to say here...

I thought of writing a lot of things on how to make sex life afta marriage more enjoyable, I'm hesitating on how ma visitors are going to take it...

But then why shud I care for someone 's sensibilities...

you just gave me the motivation Ramblings...now lemme start working on it...

I'm feeling refreshed on 2nd day of ma working week...all thanks to you :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

kannan,
I guess we can be...
p.s. thanku :D

rebel_on_loose,
Lol! will see but if you want to read that article get your hands on the cosmo oct'05 issue. :)

vamsee,
thanku :)

naveen,
sensual yes but when we (hostel gang) read we were rolling with laughter...it was 1o1 tips from men all over the world. :D

ashish,
All rite "hot stuff" see I said it rite!

arzOOOn,
Maybe I will post it or will not but if you want to get your hands on this mag its the oct or nov issue it has cameron diaz on the cover.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Hey, what's up?
BTW, I used to worry a lot about this. Then one day my friend told me 'Why is that you always worry about what people will think? For a change let people think, what will Rita think?'
It worked :D

7:30 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

hon....i'm wish Ashish on this..it's ur blog...unleash ur sensibilities..u r not writing to please the rest of the world.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

If we wait to stop and think what people around us are going to think and THEN speak or do things,there won't be any time left for life.

10:33 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

rita,
True...:D!!
Hugzz!

AquaM,
ok sow sow. But I will get the article when we all meet up. Its a source of entertainment. :P

shikha,
True that...hmmmm....

10:42 AM  
Blogger Vidya said...

This is a very well written post ! Actually when we worry too much about what others think about us , we end up losing more than our perspective. We can worry about others & their feelings to some extent beyond which it is each person to themselves. When it comes right down to it, you have to take care of yourselves and if you don't stand up for yourself, then no one else would.

- Vidya

P.S Can I blogroll you ?

11:14 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

:) ... well, I'll agree on one thing - Say whatever you wanna say on ur blog ...

heck, that's why I started my own blog ... freedom of expression, baby! :)

... coz' in real life I try (and often fail :) to be diplomatic and tread carefully lest I offend someone and increase complications in my already complicated life ... :) lolz ...

especially true at the workplace ...

Good post buddy!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home