My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Monday, March 13, 2006

A weekend that actually felt like one...

Saturday morning. I wake up and lean out to look at the balcony…knowing that the sun would be up, nice and hot…
Surprise surprise… it was cloudy.

I quickly got out of bed and opened the balcony doors to let in the cool breeze. It was pleasant…I went back to bed but I couldn’t sleep, didn’t want to, the day was beautiful…didn’t want to waste it. So I went upstairs with the picture of an empty beach and waves in my head.

Well all of them were up, three were leaving for college (ha ha ha). So that left five of us. One was sleeping in my room, there was no point waking her up cos she was up till three in the morning. Finally, four (Nandy, Prey, Shoozy and me) of us were ready to go.

Since Prey and I had to go to the Plaza for some work, we decided to pick up Nandy on the way back. Shoozy tagged along with us.

As soon as we walked out it started drizzling. Ohh goody! We finished our work and as we were heading back, Nandy called… there was a small riot going on in front of the LIC building…and since she was looking for a story to cover…she decided to cover this one. So while she was covering the story, we were getting hungry.

As usual, did not have breakfast when we got out of hostel. We headed down to this lil place down the road and since we were missing the hot dosas in hostel we decided to eat hot crispy dosas. Someone please remind me that dosas at home and outside have a big difference… size! I was blinking at it! I did try to finish it… but couldn’t…

By then Nandy joined us and we headed down to the beach. It started pouring heavily when we got there...walking around with umbrellas. Yes, yes, very smart walking around with umbrellas on the beach. Then something happened…the stupid sun came out!

Oh great…as in blazing hot that makes you go ow ow! Well we did have our umbrellas. We went ahead and sat down on a bench to talk. Sat there for an hour and decided to head back to hostel to sleep. I couldn’t sleep, was too busy making sense out of my room. I am still trying to make sense out of it. My roomie is coming back from home today, hope she has better luck.

Sunday was perfect, a nice lazy lunch with one of my friends...well we did argue about the place but my friend finally gave in...yay! And the rest of the day was spent in the hostel, reading. :) Very very lazy and I am going home this Wednesday...yippee!

17 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Yay, yay, I know you are having a great time. ther's more coming up - trip home, right? :D
Enjoy, gurl!!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Wow! You seem to go home very often (once in a week ?? :)) ..lucky ya!

gosh! I wish, i could do that :(

10:18 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

You seem to be having fun...you're loving the way things are going, and you're going home often too:-) that's great..one thing I really appreciate about you is your cheerful attitude that reflects in your posts!! Have fun and keep smiling and living life to the full:-)

11:49 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

rita,
you bet I will...:D

naveen,
once a week?? how I wish! Well the last time I went home it was around Jan end...I make sure that I go home once a month or once in two months...it keeps me sane... :)

sudarshan,
I have decided to let things take its own course...no point worrying over it...so no worries and happy as can be :D

9:39 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

it keeps me sane - So you mean, you would be approaching your insanity levels as the month end approaches ?? :) Jus kidding :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Shikha said...

Some people are conspiring on how to make my weekends never feel like one again:(

5:35 PM  
Blogger San said...

i want a balcony too .. :(

7:59 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

think you at ur home right now as I type this comment here....
Any plans of bringing coookies yet again....like you did last time and didnt share with me :)


Happy Holi Ramblings!!

How you doing?

8:51 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

cool! ... so, how's this week been like? ... and hope u have an awesome weekend too! :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Ashish said...

Welcome back !

Show me the "goodiez"!

12:58 PM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

So how ws the time at home???
I've just returned from home and i miss it so much now!

3:04 PM  
Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

bliss....

:)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Alright alright....know you are at ur home enjoying the holidays....or are u back??

If not, then betta come back soon....and yes...dont forget to bring that jar of cookies along with ya ;)

11:52 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
hmmm… no I keep staring at these faces around me and its enough to drive me up the wall…

shikha,
shoot them I say. :P

sangeeta,
:)

arzOOOn,
I am backkkkkkkkkkk :D
I got cakes this time!;) No cookies was too lazy to bake them. I ate a loooot at home.

anup.777,
Oh the weekend was good, was at home basking in all the love and attention (and scolding) !

ashish,
hey pinky bunny!
Ya well if I utter one word about it you are ready to snap my head off but I will say it anyway….Mom baked two huge cakes for me!!! :P
She made gulab jamun too! Yummy yummy!

rebel_on_loose,
so how was home? I am missing home too got all teary when I had to leave… :(

kannan,
bliss cos I am gone or bliss cos I get to go home?? :P ;)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I feel like I have read this post somewhere. Then I checked the comments section but I hadn't commented. This is very puzzling!

11:37 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFJ,
Thats cos you get to hear it from me before i even post it...

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home