My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It’s Not Wrong Then Why?!

Is it wrong for two people to talk to each other? Let me rephrase that. Is it wrong for two people of the opposite sex to converse, in office?

Well you do tend to talk to most of your colleagues. At some point, you are put together as a team to work on a new project. You can’t play the mute and refuse to converse with that person even though given a chance you would run a mile away. But you do choose whom you really like to crack jokes with and just plain discuss anything under the sun. In my case there are only two fellas who I really talk to. But I guess the rest of the jantha don’t like it or God knows what. One of the guys, who I talk to, gets picked upon or let’s just say they make fun of him. He isn’t bothered by it and laughs it off. (At least some ppl have sense!)

So I don’t vibe well with some of them. There are some I can’t stand and a few who cant utter a word in front of me. There are handful that I genuinely smile at and exchange pleasantries because they are nice but otherwise it’s just these guys. Well the girls are a different matter coz there are only two left from a mahila mandal of five. Sigh a strong fun filled clan of five. (Now it’s a strong fun filled clan of two I guess.) It used to be Rita, Sow Sow, Vee, AFJ and me… now its just AFJ and moi. Okay I am rambling away back to what I was saying…

It is quite juvenile actually for these guys to behave in such a manner. Is such the case at most work places? I hope not. So what is wrong if you hit it off with one guy but not with the rest? I mean it’s not like you don’t try to talk to the rest, it’s just that 3/4th of what you say sails right over their heads… what is a girl to do?

Then are these clowns downstairs, wish they would just topple off their chairs one of these days! They think it’s their duty to analyse what you are wearing for the day. I mean if I need a fashion consultant I will get one; you do not have to look at me every day!! That makes me so mad!!

I guess the best thing to do is ignore them. But sometimes I feel like throttling those idiots with their ties!

17 Comments:

Blogger Naveen said...

Well..I can understand your problem. It happens everywhere not just at your place. I would say it is enjoyable when it is within the limits. But as you say, sometimes these incidents do make us mad..like one of your friend does, just laugh it off and carry on!

i have seen either side of the coin..i have made fun of others and i have been made fun of..its all in the game :) take it easy!

4:20 AM  
Blogger Anand said...

Hey chill!
People AlWAYS talk!beyond a point u need to start ignoring them and do ur own thing!
And hey if you really enjoy talking to someone--it isnt worth giving that away just coz some people talk abt it!....

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

This is a huge problem lol..especially in colleges and well as workplaces..People always love to be nosey parkers and see what others are upto, and comment on what others are doing. Sometimes such good-for-nothing fools destroy relationships due to their pathetic behavior. Total ignorance is the only way out!! Man such people suck bigtime!!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

Yes it is really a social practice that hurts individual minds.

Even if we talk to a friend or a brother as well, they will see it with bad thoughts.

9:24 PM  
Blogger bigfatdeal said...

But sometimes I feel like throttling those idiots with their ties!


-- That made me lol.

11:06 PM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

Hmmm that is understandable....but i don't think it shud be much of a problem for u....who the hell is anyone else to decide whom u shud/shudn't talk to!
Well in my previous team it was quite the opposite...there were 13 females and just v 3 guys reporting to the same boss. So wenever i talked to any of the femmes i got looked upon curiously.
Lol...and believe it or not...wht i wore to work became a topic of discussion...coz i liked to wear my faded jeans sumtimes while everyone else was in their formals.
Not tht i cared abt any1 !
Lol@"I feel like throttling those idiots with their ties!"

11:43 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Zeee!

Well, we live in a rather narrow minded soceity. And though there are exceptions, I almost always come across people such as the ones you have described. I know it's very irritating but what to do? *sigh*

I finally commented! :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
When it comes to these fellas...? I dont think so. Its not that I am really really bothered its just that you feel like asking... "dont you have anything better to do, buddy?"

anand,
Yes people talk and well they talk a lot. Wish they would just shush up for good!
Thanks for dropping by :)

sudarshan,
True that. :)

aizwaikcha,
No point in saying live and let live right? It just doesnt enter their head...

bigfatdeal,
Thanku oldie goldie. :D

rebel_on_loose,
Let them gossip their heart out, I really dont care. Maybe it will die down that way...

AFJ,
lady the pic looks awesome.
Good art work :D
True. yes you commented. :)

6:04 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Omigosh! I can see smoke coming out of your ears. Well, I know the guy you talk to, butI don't know the 'talking' people you are referring to. Who are they? :)
And oh yes, CONGRATS and a biggggggggg hug. Muah!! :D

6:59 PM  
Blogger The Guy Next Door said...

I was that way in University. Everytime I started to talk to a girl in my class or batch, I didnt know what to talk and would just go either very quiet or talk nonsense. One of the reason for that (me thinks) is that we dont have much interaction with girls our age when we are young (some of us) and so when we do get the chance we just dont know how to react, specially those of us who dont have a sister or went to boys schools. All it takes is some practise and we are back on track.

You have a nice blog here and some great graphics(the animations)

8:23 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

lolz @ da last line ... :)

no it ain't da same everywhere ... but wierd/insecure/jealous people are everywhere ... so, u can pretty much expect such stuff to happen ... just the intensity differs from place 2 place ... guess its a bit too much at ur office ... just darn sad ...

I love my current office ... coz' though overloaded with work, most are of the same age group (25-28) in my team of around 18 people ... and we've become one happy family! ... but even in this team, I'm closer to a few than the others ... and its just natural yaar ... and its natural to be teased (and tease) for that too ... :)

so just shrug it off ... and tease someone urself too ... ;)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Neva have office affair...it screws up lot of things...and I've been thru this last year...

Anyway, your case is not of affair...but believe me this happens everywhere...right now again Im going thru this feeling of "throttling those idiots with their ties!"...in my case, Im ready to use my laptop power cord to throttle them...just coz I was a bit friendly to one of the trainees under me does not mean that Im dating her....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

8:19 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

CLowns! Morons is more like it. I could not psot a comment on your latest post gurl..dunno why!!!

All the best for the BIg Day,,,You will breeze through.

11:28 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

rita,
Yes you know who I am talking about and well the other clowns i told u the names when we met up.
Congrats? Woman I am petrified....

the guy next door,
I guess that could be a reason but these guys are not like that.
and thanks :)

anup.777,
Shrug it off. Wish it were that easy. well ppl here cannot be teased they dont know when a joke hits them.

arzOOOn,
ok gyan guru, throttle them nicely :P

AquaM,
You said it rite! Well that coz I have disabled the comment thingie. :P

3:55 PM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

I do wonder sumtimes....
Nice post...the latest 1...but rite now i'm wondering y u've turned off the comments!

12:53 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

rebel_on_loose,
Just didnt feel like it... :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

Then are these clowns downstairs, wish they would just topple off their chairs one of these days!

lol! but yeah i totally wish for the same.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home