My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Monday, December 12, 2005

Fanoos Went Foos :(

Of all the stupid things this storm could do was - do nothing at all. I was very excited about the fact there was to be a heavy downpour. I was actually following the news like an earnest puppy. I was even looking at satellite images and was going ohh ahh over them. But did anything happen? Nope, It’s bright and sunny! (Groowwlll!)
Well I am not exactly having a very chirpy morning since; I went to sleep around 1:30 and woke up at five to tie a sari for a hostel mate (she was going to pick up some important delegates along with two others from the airport). Crawled into bed by six but when I desperately want to sleep, nothing happens. Oh yes, it rained in the night but the weather was not so magnanimous about raining in the morning.
Well, I should actually thank my lucky stars nothing really happened, just for my selfish reasons I cannot sacrifice the well being of others. (The hell I can't. Hmmphh)

10 Comments:

Blogger Naveen said...

Funny! I never believe the weather forecast for exactly the same reason! We expect something and it goes the other way! Anyways, have a great week ahead!

10:36 AM  
Blogger madhavan said...

Which self-respecting cyclone with a name like Fanoos would want to go anywhere beats me. The weather department beat the hell out of the winds when they named it Fanoos. Ingenious strategy. Shame the cyclone into disappearing...

10:40 AM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

LOL! @ your ppost as well as madhavan's comment!
and i know about your earnest puppiness..feel sorry for you man..and a bit for me also. if it had happened, at least i would have an excuse to stay at home...i mean...it doesnt have to rain for too long...just between 8 and 10 am(this morning i.e). that would've been enough.

10:45 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
I know, should have known better that to believe them. :)

madhavan,
Well it could have contradicted its name instead of living up to it!

10:47 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

nothings aplenty,
I completely agree with you on the 8-10 part *sigh*
And look who is talking about puppiness. :P
Big hug since we are feeling sorry for ourselves.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

"Oh yes, it rained in the night but the weather was not so magnanimous about raining in the morning."
Boo hoo and we are all at work this morning! so sad :(

11:55 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Rita,
'sho shad' indeed! *sob* *sob*

12:34 PM  
Blogger Ajay said...

LOL
hey did u get that pic from google earth?

8:44 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

ajay,
Nahh. Actually its from some naval research webiste. Thanks for dropping by. :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Yeah! A total bummer!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home