My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Will You Please Smile?

I am not the kind of person who will stand still or sit quietly for a long time. So, yesterday my hostel mate had her work cut out for her, as she had to take my snaps (yes, snaps). I have never liked this idea of going to the studio because when you smile it looks very, very plastic. Well at least mine does, more like "what the hell am I doing smiling like that? The photographer must think I am loony or something”. Secondly I realised I am not the easiest person to work with when it comes to taking photographs.

So here we were trying to take some decent photos, which somehow wasn’t happening since I was fidgeting, shifting, frowning and of course the plastic smile. It just doesn’t happen, she said, "smile", I smiled and she was like "will you please smile? You look as if it’s someone’s funeral". Okay so it wasn’t that original a smile but I couldn’t smile just like that. So I smiled and frowned and well we spent like an hour over the whole thing and we managed to take one decent snap. Much to the amusement of my other hostel mates; who were rolling with laughter throughout the whole process. Naturally there were tips given out 'stand like this'...'no don’t frown'...'maybe you should sit’...'you sure we have enough lighting'...'nahh its too bright, take it again'. And so it went on. Thankfully the camera gave away and the batteries had to be recharged. I finally got time to eat some food.

Well most of us heaved a sigh of relief when the batteries gave away and we had taken one good snap (yay!). As it was quite late, we decided enough was enough. (My face was hurting with all that smiling, anyway). But since I have hand over a couple more snaps to my parents; today is going to be a repeat performance. And dad wants me to mail them EOD, no excuses since I seem to have dragged the whole process long enough. *Sigh*

10 Comments:

Blogger Naveen said...

Great Ms. Photogenic! So why not post some of them here? :) Just kidding!

10:54 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

naveen,
Ya rite! And scare everyone in the process. :P

11:02 AM  
Blogger Shikha said...

same pinch:)..i usually have this smile which looks like a rubberband stretched to its limits.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol...first time am on ur site and the first thing i did was to lol...i assure u, u rnt alone in this world of frozen-clueless-in-front-of-camera!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

I am with Naveen and I am not kidding! ;)

1:51 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Shikha,
Awww...I know what you mean.

siri,
Glad to know that I am not the only bakra and thanks for dropping by. :)

Rita,
Woman!! Should probably post some of my kiddie snaps, atleast I looked cute then. :P
(No! I am not fishing for compliments missy. hmmph)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I can 'pose' for photographs but I don't generally like being photographed so I completely emphathise with your situation!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

yes please! like Naveen and Rita, me too wants to see pictures aplenty(including the bad ones...hehehe)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hey ramblings looks like the majority wants to see your pics! The ball is in your court and its your call now :) he he..

10:02 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFJ,
Thanku.:)

nothings aplenty,
ya ya! you can see them on monday!

naveen,
Thats cos you all wanna have a nice laugh. *eye roll* You guys! :D

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home