My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Monday, November 07, 2005

The Case of the Floating Slipper

No this is not an Agatha Christie mystery book.
Yesterday was Sunday, my friends and I had to go out shopping. So we got ready made sure we were nice and warm, armed with umbrellas we set out.
Since it was raining we thought it would be best to wear cut-offs and slippers. We finished our shopping and came out of the mall and walked down the pavement to the zebra crossing. Now the road had ankle deep water, we got into the water (no other way to cross) only to realise my chappali was floating away. Cynthia (hostel mate) and I both tried to retrieve it, it almsot went under a standing auto (the water was flowing quite fast) but I caught it. Cynithia actaully went to the other side of the auto to get it. We finally crossed the road without any hassle. Phewww!

It was funny though seeing my little chappali float away like that. We all had a nice laugh.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Cheeeee! your chappali was floating in dirty sewage water? Eeeks!!!!

3:35 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Not sewage water!
Rain water, but dirty rain water. Hey what about the time you had to wade through water near the garbage dump, the evening before 27th october??? Lol!
;)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

lol! i can just picture you almost diving to rescue your slipper from "almost" going under the auto...lol...reminds me of when you "almost" slipped the other day...

3:52 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Ya make fun! We will see how you react when you have to jump around in the middle of mount road to get your slipper back! :P

4:32 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

sure its a lot of fun. worms. muck and all that
enjoy

2:31 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Hahahahah! It IS funny!! The floating chappal!!

11:30 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Accidental fame junkie,
It was funny later Moush. I was too busy hopping around to see my friend cackling away.:)
It still makes me smile though.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home