My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Friday, December 16, 2005

The Greek Goddess of All Things











I took the quiz 'Which Greek Goddess are You?’and this who I am. I ran a search about Athena in google and this what I found.
Name: Athena
Parents: Zeus, Metis
Goddess of: Wisdom, War, Weaving, Skill
Symbol: Owl
Roman Name: Minerva
Also Known As: Bright-eyed, Athene, Pallas Athena, Caesia, Hoplosima
Patroness of: Athens
Notes: Although wise, Athena was also fiercely jealous and could hold a grudge for as long as it took to repay those who had offended her. Athena was also a warlike goddess whose cunning allowed her to win any battle, even one against Ares.
Origin of Athena:When Zeus's first wife, Metis, became pregnant, an oracle prophesied that the son of Metis would overthrow Zeus just as Zeus had overthrown his father. In fear, Zeus challenged his wife to a contest of magic. Whoever could turn into a smaller animal won. Metis turned herself into a fly, and Zeus swallowed her. Soon after, he had a terrible headache. It felt like someone was in his head stabbing at all the soft spots in his brain. He called for Hephaestus to help him. The god of the forge lay Zeus's head down on his anvil and broke the skull with a hammer. Out of Zeus's head sprung Athena, dressed for battle and armed with a spear.
Cool huh?!
For more info you can go here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Woho! That quiz seems to have trigerred off quite a lot of research, huh? ;)

10:44 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hey Ramblings, lots of cool info :)

Although wise, Athena was also fiercely jealous and could hold a grudge for as long as it took to repay those who had offended her. Athena was also a warlike goddess whose cunning allowed her to win any battle, even one against Ares

These lines make me trembling !! :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

rita,
Yep it sure did! :)

naveen,
*evil grin*

11:15 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Wow! I love Greek mythology and this is quite a treat!

4:33 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFJ,
I will lend you my thesis then. I did a content analysis on 'The Illiad' and the movie 'Troy'.
If you are interested, that is. :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

"troy" aaaaaaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!
i totally love mythology...cannot believe how bad that movie was...man!!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

nothings aplenty,
Hee hee, I ripped that movie in my thesis. ;)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home