My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Under the Stars

Since it was Friday night most of the girls were awake. But alas, I would be getting ready for office while they would be in their dreamland. *Sigh*

While I was trying to sleep I got a message form one of the girls to come up and so I went up thinking someone must have fallen sick or something. I went upstairs and it was empty; I heard voices coming from the balcony. The balcony is huge, its above the portico and you can sit there and gaze at the stars all night. They had spread sheets on the balcony and were lying down with pillows and extra sheets. As soon as they saw me they were like “hey see what we did”. Well since I wasn’t getting any sleep I went and joined them. We just sat there talking about this and that; looking at the moon and the stars. Then my roomie came up and joined us.

We were all trying to decide who is the most arrogant in our gang, when it comes to meeting someone the first time (someone as in mostly a guy). I remember when ms. nothings aplenty met me for the first time; she thought I was big time snob. My good friend Mr. B thought I was quite arrogant when he met me. When I told this to my hostel mates they burst out laughing. They simply could not picture me like that since I do not act like a 23 year old at least around them. From there (I don’t know how) the conversation went on to marriage and babies.

My roomie had a big doubt about how kids are born, the whole biology thing. After trying to explain things to her for a long time we gave up; we gave her a book instead that explained the whole thing. Then she had this question about what if the kid is born before you plan to have one (Oh gawd and she isn’t even married yet). I told her 'you decide'.

You want the kid keep it or if you feel you and your spouse cannot handle the pressure of a kid both financially and otherwise then better not bring a kid into the world. Why bring a kid into the world and teach the kid to compromise on a lot of stuff from the word go. It’s just not fair. That’s besides the point I don’t like kids.

She wanted to know what if I get married and the guy wants to have a kid; since I am not in the mind frame of having a kid I told her the option of adopting one is always there. It depends; tomorrow I might change my mind and want to have a kid of my own. But right now I don’t think I would want a kid, I don’t even like them. I am like that I am afraid. I have never understood how people can go “awww” over baby snaps. Well I go “awww” over doggie snaps. I guess I am little weird like that.

Well we tried to fill my roomies head with as much info as possible but she still looked confused. After that we got too tired trying to explain things over and over between her “yuck” and “che che”. Then all of us just sat and looked at the full moon for a long while. Finally around twelve something we headed off to bed.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ashish said...

Ok i officially miss my hostel days now ..SIGH ! All the group discussions on the world's weirdest subjects....double SIGH ! DAAYM!

2:13 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

love the doggy! Hostel was fun.Serious fun.

2:35 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

ashish,
Weird would be the right word. :)
Sometimes we actually wonder how we get down to talking about things that dont even make sense after a point.

AquaM,
I know he's too cute. Yep, for me it still is. :D

3:23 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I don't go all dreamy-eyed over babies either!

4:11 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFJ,
It eases my mind when I hear others say that. :D

4:22 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Lol seems like you had a great time...hostel life has some great pleasures that everyone else who miss!! There are some huge plus points about hostel life too........

3:26 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Good that you had a great eye-opener session! I dont love kids too but I guess if I had one for my own, this attitude would change! And about the dogs, I loveeee them..

12:16 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

sudarshan,
We always end up having a nice time, thats the best thing about being in a hostel.

naveen,
True.
Nice to know that you loveee dogs. :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

Hehe...cute post. Amusing!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home