My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Monday, January 16, 2006

Weird Weekend!

I am not going to do it anymore no sirrie! Uh uh not me, no way.
Not going to wait for weekends anymore! What’s the point? Earlier I used to jump for joy coz the weekend would mean- laze about in bed, the absolute bliss scenario. Something went wrong with that scenario at least for my roomie and moi. I thought I would be out cold on Friday nite, no such luck kept getting up at all odd hours and finally gave up around seven in the morning. Weird part? Every time I would wake up my roomie would be up too.

Went out for a movie “Family”- you want to waste those three hours of your life? This is the best way to do so. Finally after roaming around came back around eight in the evening. So here I was nice and tired so I decided take a hot shower and hit the bed. Hah! But the sand man went for a holiday in my case…

I was actually giving wake up calls for all those people who wanted get up early or keep some appointments during the weekend. I was doing the work of an alarm clock on Saturday and Sunday. Ring… ring “wake up you …” wake up this, wake up that…shesshh! (Well I really didn’t mind, so…)

Sunday was quite eventful, met up with friends, went out to have ice cream but was not in the mood to eat it. I usually fight over ice creams with this pal of mine but this time around he was actually surprised that we were not fighting about who ate more. Since my last shopping trip was such a failure I was not looking forward to shopping but guess what? Was out shopping for two hours and got some real neat stuff. Finally my feet started crying and I decided to end the shopping spree early.

Saddest part was when I woke up today I was ‘actually’ sleepy but I had to get up for work. Not fair! How come when I want to sleep and I have time to do so, I don’t get sleep? And when I have to get up early I stick to my pillow like glue?

Weird weekend, everything went “ulta- pulta”!

20 Comments:

Blogger bigfatdeal said...

alas...

2:56 PM  
Blogger Ajay said...

From the time i have joined engineering.... i weekends never matter me much as most of the times v have extra classes during weekends... Forced to go to college even on sundays....

6:17 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Mine wasn't that exciting either..was hoping to watch the Indian batting...waited till 1 AM but bad light stopped the play and today I read the news, I see 403/0..oops, had I waited for another half hour, I could have caught the match :)

9:39 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

bigfatdeal,
*sighhhh*

ajay,
Well we used to have college during study hols, tests on sunday mornings...all this would happen rite when the sememster was ending. But we sure did have most of the weekends free (for projects& assignments);)

naveen,
I am not gonna watch any matches, I dont wanna jinx it by being too hopeful about it. :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Shikha said...

How come when I want to sleep and I have time to do so, I don’t get sleep?..so true:((

11:12 AM  
Blogger AquaM said...

Yeah, during my days as a hostelite, I used to go through a sense of euphoria thinking about my impending weekend and all those blissfully lazy days...u remind me of those times all the time...but I lost a lot becos I did not spend enough time with my Tibetian roomie, and we have parted ways since then. As in lost touch post-univ days.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Awwwww! Just try and sleep when you are sleepy. Don't push yourself so much re! It's not good. And take care!

12:00 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

shikha,
Sad but true. :(

AquaM,
:)

AFJ,
Yes boss! I do take good care of myself, dont worry. :D

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Was out shopping for two hours and got some real neat stuff.
2 hours sounds less for Ramblings....isnt it??

;)

And when I have to get up early I stick to my pillow like glue?
Yeah...true...
I'm also trying to figure out reply for this Q all the time...if you find about it, kindly let me know too :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
Yep it is, but I got my hands on some great buys so not complaining :D
If I knew I wouldnt be wondering aloud now would I? Lets see maybe the light would dawn on us (one day) :)

4:21 PM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

Awww remembering weekends in the middle of the week gives me the blues!
:(
Gud u enjoyed urslf...
I've already started looking forward to Friday !

5:46 PM  
Blogger Ashish said...

Well i 've been having my "weekend" for the past 10 days almost now , desperately looking forward to get back to work tommo ...AMEN

2:14 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

rebel_on_loose,
This time I am not looking forward to it. The more I am happy abt the coming weekend the more I jinx it I think.

ashsish,
Ahhh, well a long weekend can do that to you. Have fun at work. :D

10:05 AM  
Blogger Vamsee said...

I had the same thing today...forced myself out of the bed to work..Grrr these weekends!:(

1:37 PM  
Blogger San said...

lol i'm feeling the same :(

p.s - tag should be up in a hour or 2 :)

2:39 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

vamsee,
Yep I feel like shaking my fist at the sky but then I would look pretty stupid like that so... :)

sangeeta,
Oh mondays mornings, tuesdays and so forth...
I saw it :)

4:35 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Well weekends earlier were cool..especially in school where weekends meant playing cricket and watching tv.But right since I've joined engineering, weekends mean nothing..rather weekends mean completing assignments and journals..that's pathetic!! And sadly, in India the weekend means just half of Saturday and Sunday..whereas for the people in the west,the weekend starts Friday night!!But still lol I have a rule:absolutely no studying on Sunday..and I follow it religiously!!hehe

10:31 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

weekend is gone long back!!Wheres the next post? :)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Narsimha said...

lol true!
my vacation r going on n i cant get sleep beyond 7 in the morning, n once college reopens, i don feel like getting up before 9..
human body is so weird as well as cruel, but every cent worth it! :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Naveen,
Yes yes posting!:)

sonu,
I completely agree with you on that. :D

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home