My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Phone Conversations and such…

If I am not in a mood to talk to some people I try to avoid the convo by hook or by crook. I feel no shame or guilt except for what I put my dog through.

X: hey hows ya?
Me: I am good, how are you? (Bark bark)
X: ur dog?
Me: Yep
X: so like I was saying…blah blah.
Me: will u put a lid on it?
X: what?
Me: Uhh what?
X: u told me to shut up.
Me: I did? Gee no that was to my doggie.
X: oh (bark bark) think I will call you up later.
Me: ya sure.

Thanks snowy you saved me there and sorry for bugging you with that newspaper. (Wicked grin)

I do that sometimes- when I don’t want to talk to someone and really want to avoid the person, I use my knight in shining armour to block the conversation. But some times he does not bark when I want him to. He just looks at me in this weird way when I try to bug him and he just flounces outta the room. (If a dog could flounce that is.)

Or the second ruse always works

X: hey you
Me: hey would love to chat but gotta take snowy for a walk. See ya.

(Snowy all jumpy cos he heard the word walk.) I put the phone down and we go out only till the garden. He looks at me and throws out all his doggy dirty words at me. One word I can surely understand “cheater”.

X: done with your dog?
Me: yeah! (think think think)
Me: oh my god! My dog just ran away with my shoe…snow snow you give that right back. Ok gtg byeee.

Sigh! Snowy gives me this weird look. I look back ya well you do it most of the times.

Anyone within hearing distance looks in. …uhh was just avoiding a phone call. No biggie. Its all okay.

Ya I am like that sometimes.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I'm happy..

I dont know why...

But I'm happy....

Full stop :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I used to play this tricks when ma friends used to talk about visiting ma place...

X: Hey, are you free this weekend? Wanna come and play some games at ur place. I got the latest NFS.
ME: Sure. But I'm lazy enough to train ma dog...so you know in case..
X: I got it. Why dont you drop over
ME: I would luv to :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

I have to get a dog..sooon

3:43 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

"Thanks snowy you saved me there and sorry for bugging you with that newspaper....
..uhh was just avoiding a phone call. No biggie. Its all okay.
Ya I am like that sometimes."

you are evil evil evil!!! how can you be so mean to people!!
yeah i do that too tho..'listen, my dad's calling me, i really gotta go'...'ooh my brother's back from office. he's brought this thing that can take you to mars...so i have to HAVE to go chk it out now...will talk to you later ok?'

but its different when i do it cuz i'm angelic...you are evil :D hahahahahaha!

3:45 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
:D
Its nice to be happy. You can spread the feeling all around ;D

shikha,
ha ha ha... do that!

nothings aplenty,
I will repeat myself...U R WAT?
Angelic? Ya rite and am the queen of England!

Evil? Who poor me? (batting eyelashes)
See I am doing that person a favour instead of getting bored to death by talking to me, I cut the convo short that way he can bug...i mean talk to someone else. ;)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

All Hail! here comes the Queen of England!
ROTFLMAO!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

nothings aplenty,
U wait..."sinner"! ur so dead today! Roll a lil bit more I can see the balcony. :D

4:17 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I sometimes don't want to talk but do so anyway!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Can I assume all these conversations to be 'flirtings' ? :)

If so, I'm with you..!!

I think, my case is exactly opposite to urs'..I call up my friends but I can never manage to talk more than 5/10 Minutes (be it my best friends or even my parents), I start searching for ways to hang up! The reason that I use often is, Hey, I'm gettin another call..will call ya later..bye

10:47 PM  
Blogger Vamsee said...

Good one!:) - I use "Do you hear me now" cell phone ad for rescue...Sshhh!

9:59 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFJ,
That is really sweet of ya. I usually try to avoid when I am not in the mood to yap. :)

naveen,
The 'I got a call gtg' thing? Well I use that when I am in hostel or I make one of my hostel pals shout my name, that way.."someone needs help here, gtg". :D

vamsee,
Not bad at all, have to try that sometime. And yes...shhhh! ;)

11:49 AM  
Blogger AquaM said...

cho chweeet! Me gonna get a Lab.My knight in shinign armour is usually me. I just don;t bother to pick up the phone.

5:17 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

Ahhh, we all know about you and your phone. :D

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home