My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Chaat Shop

Yesterday was fun time; ok more like hiccup time for me. I love eating chaat and some of us from hostel went to the chaat shop. There are only two places in Chennai that I would go to eat chaat- Gangotree and Ajnabee. So far these are the two best chaat shops I have come across and the others that I have gone to suck big time!

Since I didn’t want to end up having hiccups, I ordered an orange slush to go with my chaat. In fact I told the man “mirchi kum” for my chaat. Turns out he put less “mirchi” for everyone else and forgot about mine. Needless to say I ended up with the hiccups. We then ordered gulab jamun and kachori’s and took it back to hostel.

Since we were six in number and we were getting late (hostel in time), we decided to take one auto. Too funny, managing orange slush and making sure nobody squashes the packets. I actually managed not to pour orange slush all over the place. *Phew* And we reached right on time!

14 Comments:

Blogger Shikha said...

Maybe this year there won't be any spills and falls like last year:)

12:55 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

shikha,
I sincerely hope not. :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger San said...

mirchi causes hiccups - hmm I didnt realise that

Sounds yum - can you see me droooling over here :(

2:46 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

sangeeta,
It does for me, if I have something really spicy I get them.:)

3:07 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

Gangotree and Ajnabee are the best as far as Chennai goes. Quite sad, ain't have no variety. Good u guys had fun hiccuping!

3:15 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
I did not have fun hiccupin!
Well gangotree and ajnabee has real good stuff and lot of variety. :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Ajay said...

hope u enjoy'd the chaat...
i like to have chaat.... have tried chaats in various place but the best was in Mumbai then comes belgaum... I don like to have chaats in B'lore as its not as spicy as of mumbai and belgaum....
when u go to mumbai try them

5:10 PM  
Blogger PNA said...

cool that was really a narrow escape .......from the everything

seems the new year is working well for u minus ur hiccups

have a wonderful year
Ash

5:24 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hey Ramblings..looks like the year has started off SPICY for you :) Enjoy the entire year!!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Ashish said...

Oi , I do get them too ..hiccups that is while having spicy food ..Shouldn't be proud of it though considering i 'm from down south ..DAMNIT!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

hmm..yes...i'm yet to taste a better bhel puri than the one Ajnabi serves up, in chennai. even the gangotree one is not as nice. the only problem i have with chaats at these places tho: they are too filling. anyway yes annoying hiccups. but i'm imagining you trying not to spill orange slush in a packed auto...lol! i can imagine the noise you girls must've made - what a fun!

12:40 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

ajay,
My mom never let me have chaat when we were in bombay, kept saying I would fall sick. :(
Thanfully my cousin smuggled some for me, but alas it was quite soggy by the time it reached me, but I enjoyed it anyways.:)

ash,
Looks like that.:)
Happy new year to you too.

naveen,
I hope to enjoy myself this year. with or without spice :P

ashish,
I agree with that. What a shame. :P
Look at it this way you are not the only one. :)

nothings aplenty,
I love their jalebi. Usually end up buying a kilo. Stop looking shocked, I love jalebi.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Wow! I hope you had a good time! I love eating at Gangotree. My colleage was right opposite to it and the chats then were quite reasonable. So on some days we used to have chat for lunch.

5:36 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFJ,
Yep, they still are, reasonable taht is. I love their dhokhlas.;)

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home