My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Friday, January 13, 2006

The Dating Game

What does it mean when a kid of 20 years thinks of taking you out on Saturday nite to make you meet eligible men? (Mummy!! I am just 23 why do I have face such situations at this age? Wahhhh!)

According to the kid I am avoiding the other side of the species. The whaaaaat? Of course not! I mean so I am not having any romantic liaison (sounds maha shady), so what? Not the end of the world. And I never like the first meeting with the guy coz I always end up saying something that sounds like I am making fun of him. Its not intentional it just comes out and then I am bonking myself on the head in my mind.

And then comes the time the guy is trying to flirt; well I am sure he is doing a wonderful job but it never works with me…I cut him off at every attempt and ultimately the guy and I end up being real good pals. I think the guys usually get to a point where they think I am a lost cause. Or they treat me like a little kid; I am okay with that as long as I don’t have to put up with some flirty guy. * Eye roll*

I remember I danced with this guy thinking he was my best pals cousin coz we all had come in a gang. He let me believe he was and I was happy cos as long as it was my pals cousin I was okay. Its only when we were leaving, he came and told me that he was not my pals cousin but the cousins friend. He looked so sheepish and he was really nice and sorry about it…I forgave him.

Well there are some really sweet fellas out there but when my friend (kid) came and told me that she has just the man for me I burst out laughing. I think I would rather let it happen than meet something like that head on. * Shudder*

12 Comments:

Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

mmh...!
Mummy!! I am just 23 why do I have face such situations at this age? Wahhhh....
hehe u r a kid...

And I never like the first meeting with the guy coz I always end up saying something that sounds like I am making fun of him.

My school friend always used to ask why girls always make fun of guys..even when they try to help 'em out...We always used to think it
was the way gals are made..now iknow...that we were right...

:)
hihi...

3:49 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

BLind dates can be fun and sumtimes disastrous. Rather than go looking for sumone, i think u shud let things be n wait for that sumone to cross paths with u.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Friends have the best interests at heart but they are no match for you! You should find whom you like!

5:56 PM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

"I think I would rather let it happen than meet something like that head on. "
Written straight from the Heart!
:)
I belive in the same thing, Ramblings....Wen It Has To Happen,
It Will Happen!
No need to fret over it...even i'm 25 and in a kinda similar phase!
Cheers!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

I dont think blind dates work. You can understand a person's true nature only when he is in his natural self and is off-guard. In a date, all he would try is to impress you with his deeds which might not be the characteristics of his true self..

so, wait for some normal person to cross your path :)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Ajay said...

I dont prefer to go on a blind date.......But some times it gives lot fun i have tried it a couple of times..... I quote blind date as only fun or timepass....

12:33 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

The only reason of me not going out on blind dates is that I have ego probs and if I hear them making fun of me or something...I'll start making fun of them on ma blog for everyone to have a good laugh..

Alright...I will keep ma evil part inside me and continue with ma yummy breakfast...

9:54 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

I agree with you..rather than trying these funny and sometimes foolish methods of getting a headstart lol its best to wait until the right person comes your way!!But i feel you've been rather mean to all the guys lol..nice post!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Ashish said...

I agree , somehow the institution of blind dating never excited me but if it was a referral you know something like a friend's friend or cousin's friend that I don't mind but then I guess that doesnt come under the same genre 'coz before the date actually happening i 've got on hand all the info i need to keep the ball rollin' :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

You've been tagged. Visit my blog for details.:D

10:24 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Hey whatsup??Busy eh??Long time no c!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

kannan,
Nahh girls usually dont do that, it happens by mistake. Like a foot in the mouth kind of a thing. :)

AquaM,
I agree!

AFJ,
True, their matchmaking makes u wanna run in the opp direction. :)

rebel_on_loose,
Smarty! Hats off to you! :)

naveen,
(nods head) Oh I agree with that! :)

ajay,
Fun time? Lol! Well you see the funny side after the date gets over. I remember running out of the door when I saw the guy I was supposed to meet (I had no idea that my friends had set me up for a date till then) but my friends dragged me back.Thankfully the guy did not see all the drama happening behind his back.

arzOOOn,
You wicked wicked man! :D

sudarshan,
Awww...come on I am a saint when it comes to being nice to people. ;)

ashish,
Thats is true. But sometimes it kinda backfires, coz what you heard and what you get does not go hand in hand. Infact its the complete opp. You wonder if you are dealing with a split personality here...

Rita,
Yes ma'am!

sudarshan,
A bit... :)By the way how are the exams going?

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home