My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Friday, January 13, 2006

Why?

There are times when you sit and talk the night away with a friend. But all of a sudden you do not want to listen to what they have to say. You make excuses for not picking up the phone and when you talk you really have nothing to contribute to the conversation. The same person who used to make you laugh now makes you frown. You try to tell them you need space but they try to push you in a corner asking why why why? They want to know everything and anything that’s in your head. You might be busy doing some work and they would want to know what you are doing. You be patient and explain it to them, …“but why are you doing that?” …“Can’t she do it herself?”…

You wonder whatever happened to that easy friendship and days of listening to music and talking about nothing and everything. Why is there a void now? Why do they have to question you when they never used to? Why don’t they try to respect your space like you respect theirs? And when you explain everything, they still come back and ask… “Tell me what’s wrong?” Arghhhh!

8 Comments:

Blogger San said...

oh dear looks like someone is growing apart from a certain friend?

it happens we grow as people and friendships do change but the "why" doesn't go away.

Its a difficult one, because space usually means that their is trouble and once the other person cottons onto that they dont usually want to ket go without the "whys"

2:48 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Hmmmm...this sounds familiar! Such things happen if you do not mark your space and tell your friend to keep out of there. Each of us have a certain part of our beings that is not meant to be shared.
Try it, it works but does not affect the frienship! :D

3:41 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

This happened to me but after a few questions,they left me alone....

4:15 PM  
Blogger AquaM said...

A tought spot, I see. I either send them feelers or just ask them to keep away:)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I have been through this phase with many friends. I just take some time off and go back to her after some time. It works.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

I've sometimes faced this situation and have sometimes been the cause of such a situation..

If my friend seems to be withdrawn, I try to help him and later I understand that he needs to be alone but by then he would have been irritated with me :(

Hmmm..complex human behaviours :)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Oh yeah...it happens to me too..

I'm a good listener too but when someone gets in ma head I just run away...its okie till a limit, but its crossed, time to show ur athletic skills

Why don’t they try to respect your space like you respect theirs?
Exactly...

Btw, the pic of this post was ur profile pic too na....I miss that :(

9:56 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

sangeeta,
true.

rita,
Did that didnt work. :)

shikha,
:)

AquaM,
Hmmm...it didnt work.

AFJ,
Think I will try that.

naveen,
extremely complex!

arzOOOn,
I miss that pic too but I am quite happy with the new one. :D

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home