My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year and all the Hulla!

Today is 30.12.05, one more day to go and *boom*… it’s 2006 people!
Like every other year I promise myself…this year I would do this…do that and blah blah. And like every other year it all goes kaput! This year I aim to stick to my resolutions like glue and carry them out. That’s my resolution “stick to your resolutions”.

Every year it’s the same old thing…its New Year’s Eve “yippee yahoo” by the time you reach the middle of the month “oh god when is this year gonna end”. Then comes the end of the year and so the cycle continues.

It’s like yay (new years eve)…hmmm(where am I going with this?)…ohhhh(work)…yay(birthday)…sigh….oh!(Surprises)…Yay(partytime)…growl(rubbed the wrong way)…” and so on!
That what the whole year sounds like. Go to work get back, go to work get back. Arhgggg I am going mad! I am going to revamp the whole of next year, like I am going to revamp my room and my wardrobe! From now its going to be ‘me first’, the others will fit in somewhere. Who am I kidding?

The warden is going home so we are warden-less (goodie), she is a nice lady but it feels good when you have the whole hostel to yourself. Funny part is I am responsible for the rest of the hooligans in the hostel.

Warden: I am leaving today, you will take care of them wont you?
Me: (ha ha ha…say what?) of course ma’am no problem at all.
Warden: well the captain and I felt since you are the oldest among the girls and really responsible…
Me: hmmm ok * smile* (the bakhra label is flashing on my forehead; and woah! old? I am just 23 for god’s sake! Besides there are two other monkeys in the hostel the same age as moi)

The other inmates of the hostel were all agog at the word responsible uttered in the same sentence with my name…that was before they burst out laughing. Considering the fact that these girls bully me day in and day out it did not surprise me a bit. I have names that range from “fragile frame, chipmunk, mommy, kitten-girl…”.
But I love these guys; they are like family and spending the New Year’s Eve with them will be absolute fun!

Have a nice time all you people and have a fabulous New Year!

18 Comments:

Blogger Ashish said...

Haha I think someone's had a bit too much of liquor chocolates :)but nevertheless hope you have a wonderful new year ahead and may all your "resolutions" be implemented .HAPPY NEW YEAR !

5:20 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hey Ramblings have a great year! and take proper care of the kids in your hostel, mommy :)

9:30 PM  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

Wish you a joyous new year! :-)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Hey once again have a great new year..how was your party??Bet you had loads of fun!!Hostel life may be unattractive in certain aspects..but the deep bonds with friends that are created..are well,simply amazing!! Thanks for enquiring about my exams..two of them are over..and they went pretty well!!Take care and keep smiling!!

2:56 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

ashsih,
Could be...:D
Happy new year!

naveen,
They were well taken care of, no worries. :D Hope you had lodsa fun.
Happy new year.


dan husain,
To you too. :)

sudarshan,
Yep had lot of fun! only two of them got over? Best of luck for the rest of them. Happy new year and take care!

10:44 AM  
Blogger AquaM said...

:))Din't have a choice did she???? U were the so callled BEST! She knew it, but just cud not help it.

3:13 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
You will not change will you?
Coming from ' you' its truly a compliment! :P

3:24 PM  
Blogger Ashish said...

fragile frame ---- Ok i can picture that
chipmunk ----- Your voice ? If yes ,my sympathies are with you and more importantly with those who bear you.
Mommy ------Warden-less responsibilities , i guess that's inevitable.
Kitten-girl --- WHAT THE ? Lighta explain maadi :D.Kitten-girl superheroish ?

4:26 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

ashish,
Ya rite!
Fragile frame- cos i keep falling sick or get into fixes basically hurt myself all the time. :(

Nahh i dont sound like a chipmunk, I still dont know why they call me that.

Kitten girl, is becuse I can imitate a cat very well and when I get irritated "claws are out", like that!

5:03 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

hey ammu,
happy new year to you too. Thanks for dropping by. :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Happy New Year! Btw, you are very responsible, you know!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

Have a soooooooper new year, gurl! :D
May all your wishes come true!

7:09 PM  
Blogger San said...

Happy New Year

hope today and all the days to come are filled with happy moments :)

take care

3:59 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AFJ,
I am? Thanks. :D
I am not going to wish you HNY over and over, I can always shout from my seat. ;)

Rita,
You to babes. And more smiles pleasee!

sangeeta,
Thanks, hope this new year turn out to be fabulous for you as well.
tc.:)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I am responsible for the rest of the hooligans in the hostel.
God save the hostel now...

Is it bcoz of your new responsibility, there is no new posty on ur blog...you there, your hostel still there...whats happening, temporary-warden-lady ;)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Happpy NEWwwww Yearrr to you Ramnlings!!!

Whtch ya did??

temme temmme :)

10:34 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
By the way the hostel ran smoothly. Hmmphh! :P
And the warden is back. Didnt post anything...monday blues and all that!
New years eve was fun! Had dinner, went out...blah blah :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
And a very happy new year to u too. :D

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home