My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Life at home...

I am at home happy as can be. I will be home for a month, take a nice long vacation and then new job and blah blah. Now for the hot hot news! A proposal had come and they - the guy and his parents - were coming home. That’s right, I went screaming out of the room (in my head) but I just smiled at my parents, let’s not scare them now shall we. Later I wailed to a few pals… they thought it was funny. It’s always funny when it happens to the other guy. Ha ha ha whatever!

So he came home, and no saree or salwar kameez! Plain jeans and shirt would do since wearing a Tee was a definite no no by mommy. There I was, sitting, smiling doing the grown up routine (vee would know what I am talking about here). Then it happened; we were to chat alone. Bleh bleh! So we did yap for like…two hours. No, this is not where you say “soul mates” and “ting”. After the first ten minutes… I was bored. I mean he was really nice and sweet but not the kinda guy I would wanna marry! Then why stretch the convo for two hours you ask? I thought dad would come and rescue me. Turns out that dad thought we were getting along just fine! Communication gap I tell you.

Finally, they left. I was confident I had scared him off… but guess what??? They called and said ‘yes’. They liked me. Panic attack!

After a huge fight and lots of crying my parents decided to say no. Turns out they were not very sure about the boy in the first place and I did all that drama for nothing. Like sitting on top of the hill and crying (coz I didn’t want mom to see me cry). Then my parents thought I had run away. Dad came back from work. Thank God I had my cell with me…I was pouring my heart out to AFJ. Then dad called all concerned saying he was just gonna inform the cops, and I climbed down and went home, and mommy was unhappy because I had left like that...kinda scared her and stuff. Finally they told me that they were not happy with the boy. Phew!

I am going for driving classes these days and it’s been great fun so far. Long time no see people… hope everything is going fine with the rest of you. Bye for now.

28 Comments:

Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Nothing can make me more happy...

No Im not talking about the post....

but to see you back and then getting the oppurtunity to comment first :) :)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Jeeeez.....lagta hai meri story bhi aise he kuch hone wali hai...ma parents are hunting out gals for me too and Im so not interested in all this...right now

Thanks for this thought provoking post...I now need to hunt down hill somewhere near by and need to see if I can get hold of ma retard friends so that I have a shoulder on hill to cry on....hmmmmm....

Lemme google for him...

Hahaha..Me tooo finally joined driving lessons...man Im still scared of sitting behind that steering wheel...ek accident toh karke he rahoonga main :D

Greetz!!!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Nishu said...

haha!!
Oh, you poor girls.. but anyways, This Marriage stuff is always "fun" for girls.
The kind of excitement and fear when a boy comes to see a girl is well-scribed.

And now will you tell us... why didnt u like the guy!! (^_*) I'm sure, this must be the most interesting part of all ur rambling, for all of us.

(^_^)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Nishu said...

ohh, i managed to missed by a min! (@_@)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Jewel Rays said...

I wonder how it feels like this whole match make thingy..? Would there be butterflies in the stomach?

Enjoyed reading.:)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

You have hill near your house:)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Kick you, you ass...I get to know about all this drama via this bloggie? Couldn't you mail me? Have you got in touch after you left Chennai?
Now don't you dare call me. @#$%&*

7:46 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

So you're at home..cool..I'm sure its the nicest feeling in the world to be at home!! But you seem to have had an adventure lol..and I'm glad things went your way :-) I simply cannot think of agreeing to have an arranged marriage lol..I get nightmares!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Naveen said...

Hmmm..I dont understand why you run away from marriage..everybody (almost everybody) is going to get married one day or the other..right? so whats the point running away?

9:42 AM  
Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

wailing all alone on top of a hill so that your mom wont see it..

i liked the whole concept ..you are whacky...

njoy you driving lessons..

:)

4:05 PM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

"Turns out i did the whole drama for nothing as they didn't like the boy in the 1st place".
Hehe....gud u finally got wht u wanted.
NJoy ur free time before getting into another job!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Abhishek said...

u cried???
really?
hehe!!

6:53 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

arzOOOn,
you too? drivin I mean? thats nice!! Well the marriage thing s not that nice.sigh...

nishu,
I dont know how you got the idea about the fun part coz it almost seemed like panic attack to me. Its no fun when everyone around you thinks the guy is "perfect" especially when you havent set your mind on gettin married anytime now!Like I said I didnt like the guy coz he bored me in the first five mins...living with someone like that for the next 40 years???bleh...
Thanks for dropping by...

Jewel Rays,
Butterflies??? I dont think so... it feels horrible especially when you have to smile and be nice when you dont feel it at all.

shikha,
Yup...right at the back. Great escape route:D

Rita,
soooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
And by the way you are busy half the time when I come online and I tried calling you yesterday...couldnt get through. sorrry:)

naveen,
yes yes I know I have to get married one day... does not mean I get married when I dont like the boy, rite?

kannan,
whacky? Hmmm somehow that dont sound too good. :P

rebel_on_loose,
I know! I got what I want...freedom....till the next proposal comes along...sigh

abhishek,
yes its is funny isnt it ?Giggle away... laugh at my poor plight...meanie! :P

10:28 AM  
Blogger San said...

driving hug - beware all you mad men on the roads :p

Good to see you back. and glad things worked out in the end :)

2:32 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Hey...time for a new post:-)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

you still at home kya?

10:06 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

hey buddy ... r u now on vacation or what? have u got on the new job or no? ... update pls .... :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Time for a new post:-)

10:24 AM  
Blogger ± said...

did you say vacation?
*Gasp*
(turns green and faints)

10:37 PM  
Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

hoy..

No posts..no comments..no news ..

Did you get married?

2:34 PM  
Blogger bigfatdeal said...

The quest begins!

3:43 AM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

still on vacation? ... hurry back and update pls ;)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Update pending!!!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

You've been tagged. check my blog.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Still chilling at home kya??
Whts happening??

9:18 AM  
Blogger Ekta said...

awww!
Can so relate to u!
Have done this crap too..and i know how frustating it is!
Though thankfully my meetings never lasted more than 30 minutes--thats the maximum patience i could display!
But hey dont worry...It'll be ok soon!!
And am sure the right guy will come across when ur ready(if he hasnt already yet!;-)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Heyy!!Have you quit blogging?:-(

7:15 PM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Think you've given up blogging :(:(:(

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home