My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Back to the Book Shop

Went to the book shop yet again. I got two books (yay!).One was a gift from ms. nothings aplenty and the other was a gift to myself from moi. :D The one ms. nothings aplenty gifted me was ' The Good House' by Tananarive Due and I got this book called 'The Last Vampire' by Whitley Strieber. Since I am going home for Christmas I will have loads and loads of books to read. Absolute bliss.

ABOUT THE BOOKS-
The Last Vampire

She lives.
Miriam Blaylock's insatiable hunger has never ceased. Her incomparable beauty has made her a legend among the Keepers. Her many lovers have come and gone, crumbling into ash and nothingness. She knows the secrets of civilization, and the mysteries of life. In the hollow soul of her mother she has witnessed the agony of undeath.
For centuries she has gained the wisdom of God and the wit of the Devil. For centuries she has traveled the world undetected. For centuries she has felt safe.Until now.
For Miriam Blaylock, immortality is a thing of the past.
He watches.
Vampires. Interpol agent Paul Ward knows of them: he has battled and cleansed continents of their exquisite poison. He orchestrated the extermination of an ancient lair in Bangkok, obtained their sacred Book of Names, and knows where they hide and when they feast. He knows their weaknesses. And what's more, he knows his own...it's Miriam Blaylock. Elusive and toxic, she has escaped his complex network of hunters for years. Seductive and cunning, she has become his obsession.
And now each has set a trap for the other. Now, predator is about to become prey. Killer to become lover. Good and evil will become inexorably entwined. The endgame begins for the last vampire.

The Good House

A chilling story set in a small town in the Pacific Northwest. The house Angela Toussaint's late grandmother owned is so beloved that townspeople in Sacajawea, Washington, call it the Good House. But is it?
Angela hoped her grandmother's famous "healing magic" could save her failing marriage while she and her family lived in the old house the summer of 2001. Instead, an unexpected tragedy ripped Angela's family apart.
Now, two years later, Angela is moving past her grief and taking control of her life as a talent agent in Los Angeles, and she is finally ready to revisit the rural house she loved so much as a child. Back in Sacajawea, Angela realizes she hasn't been the only one to suffer a shocking loss. Since she left, there have been more senseless tragedies, and Angela wonders if they are related somehow. Could the events be linked to a terrifying entity Angela's grandmother battled in 1929? Did her teenage son, Corey, reawaken something that should have been left sleeping?
With the help of Myles Fisher, her high school boyfriend, and clues from beyond the grave, Angela races to solve a deadly puzzle that has followed her family for generations. She must summon her own hidden gifts to face the timeless adversary stalking her in her grandmother's house — and in the Washington woods.

8 Comments:

Blogger Shikha said...

Not exactly a Xmas-y theme,are they? :)

12:41 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

shikha,
Nahh they are not. :)
That's y ms. nothings aplenty wrote in my book "this kinda ensures that you would be reading the bible everyday". :D

4:50 PM  
Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

mmmh so when are you joining a publishing house?

not joking.. u r good !!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

Yeah! The books sound good!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Abhishek said...

read "five point someone"...its too sahi yaar...
gtg n get ma copy of FUTUREWISE...thats also worth-a-read

6:27 PM  
Blogger San said...

not read either - I have a back log of books to read at the moment. My reading list just keeps on growing

7:20 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

How do you choose your books? By author - I dont see a trend of authors in your collection! , By subject - no trend either (may be thrillers!)....you seem to read everything under the sun :)

Thats neat! I cant do that :)

11:51 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

kannan udayarjan,
If you are refering to the write up about those books, well I didnt write them. I got them from the book itself. :P

AFJ,
You bet :)

Abhishek,
Thanks for the tip.:)

sangeeta,
I have the same problem. Hopefully I will finsih all the five books that are on my list for now.

naveen,
You are absolutely right. I like what I see in the book and I read it. As simple as that. :)

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home