My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Docs and Me

Show me an injection and I feel all boneless inside. Hospitals scare the hell outta me. I was born premature and my family is quite amazed about how that lil thing has grown up so much. When I was little I used to end up in the hospital almost every week. I used to hate those trips to the hospitals because then I would be stuffed with medicines. Yuckie!

Mom used to fool me into getting injections; otherwise I would have gone kicking and screaming. In fact once I ran out of the doctors room. A nurse would always be ready to grab hold me. I have never liked hospitals, I am all for taking others there. But when it comes to going to the doc because I am not well or hurt good god no!

I can’t even see my dog getting an injection, as soon as he gets an injection I go hug him and give him a biscuit. Considering what I go through for an injection I can only imagine his plight. About two years back I had to get a shot and dad took me to the clinic. With dad you cannot make any excuses. So I sat, grabbed dads’ hand and hid my face in his arm and felt the needle in my arm. The nurse kept cooing “its almost done… don’t worry… that’s all…” Yeah rite she is not the one with the needle in her arm.

Ms. nothings aplenty took me to the doc to check if everything was okay, since I had hurt my hip. I gave her a tough time. Poor woman. But the best part was that I am fine and I really didn’t have to go through any torture in the hospital. And considering the proposals that are coming my way are mostly docs, I am still convincing mom that docs and me…it just wouldn’t work.

11 Comments:

Blogger AquaM said...

Hey kiddo, it's not so bad. Yeah, u need someone like Wendy to get things done.
Lol!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I don't like hospitals either! I especially hate the phenyl-like smell that pervades there!

12:18 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

AquaM,
Wait till the next time you hurt yourself then we will see who squirms!:P

AFJ,
Aha! I really cant stand the smell either.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Love you longtime! said...

Everybody hates to go to a doctor, but you case seems a bit extreme :)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Shikha said...

I used to go to a doc who would give me sweets..but now I am okay( i think)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Hehe..ur my kind lol..i'm 20 years old and I still cry when I see the doc with the injection in his hand and the wicked look in his eyes lol..

7:59 PM  
Blogger Naveen said...

This reminds me of my close friend. His dad was a doctor but he (my friend) hated to go to the hospitals just for the same reason AFJ has mentioned. Once we had to go to the hospital for visiting one of our friends who was admitted there.
As soon as we entered the ward, my friend fainted and fell down..Gosh, like the hunter being hunted, the vistor had to be admitted :) It was so funny :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ajay said...

last place to be with is doc

12:12 AM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

vaibhav,
Well when it comes to docs I am like that.:)

shikha,
I used to get that when I was really small. sigh

sudarshan,
I just dont get it when they say its not gonna hurt a bit.:S

naveen,
fainted! Yikes, poor guy.

ajay,
I agree!!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Ashish said...

Lol injections never got me worked up probably 'coz of my thick skin :) but like someone here had mentioned THE SMELL... OH LORD THE SMELL and ooh the miserable look on people's faces ...very depressing ..Not a very nice place I say !!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

ashish,
Injections dont really affect you, huh? Lucky.
I agree, not a very nice place at all!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home