My Photo
Name:
Location: India

Love to have fun (well who doesn't)! I am little bit of a party animal, but wouldn't mind spending an evening reading a book or just watching the tv. I do tend to talk a lot but sometimes i plain switch off and brood...still dont know what about. I love dogs!! I have one of my own and he is the best gift I gave myself.

myspace

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Should I?

There comes a time in your life…okay maybe not in every ones life but at least in a few others and mine…you feel the need to write. No I am not talking about blogging. It’s just that when life dishes out so much at you that you really don’t know the colour of your skin anymore (coz you are covered with all that muck) a need arises. The need being to pen down those thoughts that crowd into your head in the middle of the night. Who am I kidding? Well they revolve around in my head like 24/7. Its only when its quiet and late that those thoughts seem louder than usual.

So one day while I was on the phone with my pal…I think I am going to start writing about all of this. It just came out; it wasn’t like I had thought about it or anything. But when I voiced it aloud it seemed to make sense somehow. And to my surprise instead of saying I have gone cuckoo my friend said maybe I should start writing. Now that she had seconded this notion of mine it seemed to frighten me. Now I am no great writer…scratch that, I am not a writer. So after much blah blah we decided that I would start writing and as and when I finished a page I would send it to her for review. It sounded fine to me. After all how difficult can a page be?

Very difficult, I can tell you that. So you want to write but then these notions that are swimming in your head once put on screen, they actually make u want to press the delete key as much as possible.

You type in something…then you go…jeez I can’t write that. No, no delete start over. Then you write something and go…I sound melodramatic. Then the next line and the next and so on. Each meets its fate with the delete key. Now I know why we cant voice our thoughts…it even scared the daylights out of me.

Then it came to me one sentence after another. I went on till I finished three chapters. Well I have numbered them as three chapters and I am still working on the fourth one. I did show it to my pal and she liked them. Now we all know how supportive a friend can be and she is a brick. But the best part is that even she started writing.
Now the point of this entire monologue was a discussion I had with her. Should I put up those chapters or should I not. Hmmm.

P.s. and Wendy a brick is nice.

11 Comments:

Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

so me thinks that you're friend the brick is right. you should post your chapters.
and you write well..so shut it with your "Now I am no great writer…scratch that, I am not a writer."
also..hmm..the last line...i dunno..bricks sound "dumb" to me.

2:57 PM  
Blogger My Ramblings... said...

you na! Just have to take the negative part of it! :P
I say the brick is fine! I like brick so buzz of you! And I will call you what I want. :D
phhbbrrr to you!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Nothings aplenty said...

err btw...where are all your links gone??

9:25 PM  
Blogger anup.777 said...

hmm .. i wld like to read em' ... :)

U have a gr8 weekend buddy!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Bob son of Bob said...

Bob ramblings too...

4:52 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Wow..I wana read it all :-)

Put it up on you blog!!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Saira said...

Hi..reached here thru sudarshan's blog...liked wat u wrote and yup if i cud read them as well!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

are you still making ur decision??

Just wondering ;)

3:07 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan said...

Time for an update!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

agree with Sudarshan :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger kannan udayarajan said...

It’s just that when life dishes out so much at you that you really don’t know the colour of your skin anymore (coz you are covered with all that muck) a need arises

true...:)

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home